GamesIndustry.biz is reporting that Assassin's Creed is the fastest selling new IP since 2002. This news comes after Assassin's Creed shot to the top of the UK charts this week.
The game is the second fastest selling new IP in the UK and the fastest selling new IP since The Getaway which was released in 2002. The Xbox 360 version of the game sold 67% of the sales, with the PlayStation 3 version taking the remaining 33%. The game is also the third fastest selling Xbox 360 game within a weekly sales period.
Assassin's Creed is set for release today in Australia, stay tuned to PALGN for our review shortly.