Is Red Dead Redemption really Rockstar's best work? It might just be. Certain reviews suggest that and to be frank, it's hard to disagree. If you somehow, for whatever reason, missed it in 2010, you'll soon be able to pick up a new version as confirmed by VG24/7.
The new, 'Game of the Year' edition of Red Dead Redemption will include the full game and every single piece of downloadable content, both free and paid. It looks a little something like this:
- Original Red Dead Redemption game with a brand-new hardcore single-player mode
- Undead Nightmare single-player campaign and multiplayer modes
- Legends and Killers Pack, featuring additional multiplayer map locations, multiplayer characters, and the Tomahawk projectile weapon
- Liars and Cheats Pack, including the Stronghold multiplayer competitive mode, Free Roam gambling games, multiplayer horse races with combat, and the Explosive Rifle
- Hunting and Trading Outfits Pack, featuring two outfits with corresponding gameplay challenges for John Marston
- Outlaws To The End Co-Op Mission Pack, including six co-op missions for up to four players.
- All original pre-order content, including the Deadly Assassin Outfit, War Horse, and Golden Guns Weapon Pack
- Solomonâ€™s Folly single-player gang hideout and challenges available for the first time on Xbox 360
- Just-released Myths and Mavericks Bonus Pack, featuring fan-favorite multiplayer characters and all-new locations to battle in
Not too shabby for only US$49.99. The bundle will be launching on 11 October across North America, while the rest of the world will have to wait until 14 October. Keep an eye out for local prices soon. However, as Red Dead Redemption: Game of the Year Edition is still an exclusive for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 owners, PC fans will just have to keep praying...