Is it raining outside? Those of us in Melbourne will know exactly what that feels like; it's pretty annoying. So you're cooped up inside by the television, your Xbox 360 is sitting there powerless, and the water is trickling off the roof. Get up and kick that beast into action because Major Nelson announced some special offers for the Xbox Live Marketplace, and they're not half bad.
Deals of the Week:
Lots of PopCap titles are being reduced (which is nothing new), but there's no denying the quality on show. Plenty of puzzles and strategy... and some fishing too. Microsoft Points at the ready.
- Plants vs. Zombies - 600 MSP (AU$10), a saving of 50%
- Peggle - 400 MSP (AU$6.50), a saving of 50%
- Peggle Nights Content Pack - 200 MSP (AU$3.25), a saving of 50%
- Zuma - 200 MSP (AU$3.25), a saving of 50%
- Feeding Frenzy - 200 MSP (AU$3.25), a saving of 50%
- Feeding Frenzy 2 - 400 MSP (AU$6.50), a saving of 50%
- Bejeweled 2 - 400 MSP (AU$6.50), a saving of 50%
- Bejeweled Blitz Live - 200 MSP (AU$3.25), a saving of 75%
- Heavy Weapon - 400 MSP (AU$6.50), a saving of 50%
- Astropop - 400 MSP (AU$6.50), a saving of 50%
Please remember that all Deal of the Week specials are exclusive to Xbox Live Gold subscription holders.
We're a little barren on content this week, aside from Trenched at the unsurprising figure of 1200 MSP (AU$20). It's another title from Double Fine, headed by Tim Schafer. Their last effort, Stacking, was a big success and the studio will be hoping to follow it with further critical acclaim. Trenched looks to have high production values on this little digital platform, and if it can combine a whole cluster of genres and influences, then we could have something really exciting to download tomorrow night.