Another batch of DLC for Red Dead Redemption will be available to download on 21 September; the 'Liars and Cheats Pack' is going to add some longevity to the free roam multiplayer experience.
Originally planned as a free expansion, Rockstar has been forced to charge players for this new content due to network restrictions. Basically, they can only give away a certain amount of free DLC according to PlayStation Network and Xbox Live restrictions. The pack will include the following:
- Multiplayer Poker and Liar's Dice Games: One of the most fan-requested features comes to multiplayer.
- Multiplayer Horse Races: Ride out against your friends and foes online - with mounted combat guns blazing.
- The Explosive Rifle: A devastatingly destructive new weapon with its own new single-player and multiplayer challenges.
- Seven New Gang Hideouts: Posse up and take on the new Hideouts together to level up quickly.
- Four New Hunting Grounds: New Hunting Grounds are now visible on the map for all to see, with some of the most action-packed wildlife hunting yet.
- Stronghold Competitive Multiplayer Mode: Teams take turns in attack and defense in multi-tiered Competitive games.
- Posse Scoring and Leaderboards: Compare stats with other posses and compete to see who are the kings of the Free Roam frontier.
There will also be fifteen new character skins along with a new set of Trophies and Achievements. The Liars and Cheats Pack will be released worldwide on September 21, costing AU$15.95 on the PlayStation Network and 800 MSP (AU$13) on Xbox Live.