Home
Twitter
RSS
Newsletter
Soul Calibur III Review
This forum is locked you cannot post, reply to or edit topicsThis topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies PAL Gaming Network Forum Index
-> General Forums, Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic
Chris
PALGN Writer

PALGN Writer

$poons: 15.60

uk.gif

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 3:14 pm Post subject: Soul Calibur III Review Reply with quote

Soul Calibur III Review by Chris
PS2 Review: The soul still burns.
[View Article]

Trade $poons with user View users profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
838 La

$poons: 33.30
australia.gif

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 3:58 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
Now, just need to get myself a PS2...
(Yes I know I've said this many time before but... yeah...)

Piss off at the fact is only on PS2,
Link rocks as a character

$poons: 81.00

blank.gif

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 4:23 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
I STILL think the character design in Soul Calibur is better than the SCII & SCIII. Yes, the sequels are throwing around more polygons than the Dreamcast original, but there's just something missing from the look...hmm...

I'll still buy this though... Eventually. And when it's halved in price.
Trade $poons with user View users profile Send private message
Thor

$poons: 0.00

blank.gif

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 6:05 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
SC2 got boring to quick, hopefully this will be more worthwhile.
Trade $poons with user View users profile Send private message
Spanca
PALGN Moderator

PALGN Moderator

$poons: 106.00
blank.gif

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 6:15 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
I still need to pick up SC2. I loved the original on my DC. I still can't decide between the Xbox or Cube version. The bonus characters don't mean much to me, so I guess it really comes down to control and graphics. Any suggestions?

$poons: 1628.10
australia.gif

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 6:23 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
I'm probably not going to pick this up, mainly because I've become damn good with Voldo in Sc2 (1K and 4A = zomg1!!"), and I don't want to rebuild skills because of some tweaks and nerfs to his frames, etc. It's tempting though...

Trade $poons with user View users profile Send private message Visit posters website MSN Messenger
838 La

$poons: 33.30
australia.gif

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 7:43 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
Spanca wrote:
I still need to pick up SC2. I loved the original on my DC. I still can't decide between the Xbox or Cube version. The bonus characters don't mean much to me, so I guess it really comes down to control and graphics. Any suggestions?

The Cube one dude, I'd play all 3 before I got the game & I would have to say the cube's pad was perfect for it. The lay-out of the button & the cude's D-pad was far easier to the the moves. Much easier then the Xbox's for those Down, down-right, right, sort of moves.

As for the graphics's, I don't think there's much for a different between the two. Load time for both is real short compare to the PS2 one.
& I would personally use Link over Spawn any day of the week if I was to chose.

$poons: 6.00
australia.gif

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 8:05 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
Damn Capcom, WHY IS THIS GAME NOT ON GAMECUBE???????

Aparently, Soul Calibur 2 sold more on GCN than on ps2 and xbox put together, CAPCOM DO NOT LISTEN!!!!!
David

australia.gif

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 11:33 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
tbenton wrote:
Damn Capcom, WHY IS THIS GAME NOT ON GAMECUBE???????

Aparently, Soul Calibur 2 sold more on GCN than on ps2 and xbox put together, CAPCOM DO NOT LISTEN!!!!!

Yeah! You should go yell at Capcom HQ!

It's made by Namco

Sorry, cheap joke. Your point is fine!
Trade $poons with user View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
Chris
PALGN Writer

PALGN Writer

uk.gif

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 1:19 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
I've got both the GC and Xbox version of SC2 and they look the same. The GC pad is probably the more suited of the two but I used sticks anyway. The Xbox version supports progressive scan though so that might be a deal breaker as to which verison of Nacmo's fighter youo get icon_razz.gif

CurrentlyPlaying-MarioGalaxy,Metroid3,MarioStrikers,CoD4,Orange Box,GH3,PES2008
HeavenlySword,NGSigma,VF5,Ouendan2,Zelda:PH
Trade $poons with user View users profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Gtpod

$poons: 641.30
japan.gif

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 1:56 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
I know what Nacmo version Io'd get. icon_razz.gif

Sucks that it's PS2 only, 'tis a shame I'll miss out on this one.

Pilkipedia - The World's Largest Encyclopaedia of Karl Pilkington
Trade $poons with user View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address MSN Messenger
David

australia.gif

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 7:59 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
Chris wrote:
I've got both the GC and Xbox version of SC2 and they look the same. The GC pad is probably the more suited of the two but I used sticks anyway. The Xbox version supports progressive scan though so that might be a deal breaker as to which verison of Nacmo's fighter youo get icon_razz.gif
Isn't progressive scan (and support for component cables) disabled on PAL Xboxes?

Pro scan is also disabled in software on PAL Gamecubes, but (more importantly) component is fully supported, and if you use a freeloader and a NTSC disc pro scan also works fine. Also, SC2 has a great 50Hz 625 line conversion on GC, so a PAL GC with component cables and PAL SC2 has the best picture quality of any version in the world.

So in PAL, the GC version has better output options. The XB version has better sound (Dolby digital compared to Dolby pro logic 2 on the GC), but only if you have a $5000 bose 6.1 system will you notice the difference.

(of course, these points are actually releveant to most PAL games between the systems)
Trade $poons with user View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
tbenton

$poons: 6.00
australia.gif

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 9:11 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
Yeah, you're right it's made by Namco.
But I will go and yell at capcom anyway after they stuffed up the new viewtiful joe game.
Chris
PALGN Writer

PALGN Writer

uk.gif

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 11:36 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
David wrote:
Chris wrote:
Isn't progressive scan (and support for component cables) disabled on PAL Xboxes?

Pro scan is also disabled in software on PAL Gamecubes, but (more importantly) component is fully supported, and if you use a freeloader and a NTSC disc pro scan also works fine. Also, SC2 has a great 50Hz 625 line conversion on GC, so a PAL GC with component cables and PAL SC2 has the best picture quality of any version in the world.

So in PAL, the GC version has better output options. The XB version has better sound (Dolby digital compared to Dolby pro logic 2 on the GC), but only if you have a $5000 bose 6.1 system will you notice the difference.

(of course, these points are actually releveant to most PAL games between the systems)

It's easy enough to get progressive scan out of a PAL Xbox, you just need a special Splinter Cell or Mechassault save file and you can run some linux software to allow you to change your video output to NTSC icon_smile.gif

Big Pete

$poons: 278.80
blank.gif

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 5:00 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
Nice review may think of getting this once the price goes down. icon_smile.gif
PALGN Moderator

PALGN Moderator

blank.gif

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 6:41 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
Wait, are you telling me that PAL Xboxes have never supported anything higher than 480i??

Is that why they stopped selling the component cables here as people found out it was a scam?
PALGN Writer

PALGN Writer

uk.gif

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 12:45 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
Possibly. Progressive scan was disabled in PAL Xbox's where the PAL60 option is instead. But as I said, it's very easy to do. You just need a copy of the original Splinter Cell or Mechassault and an action replay/max drive to transfer a special save file from a PC. You then copy the save to your Xbox, load Splinter Cell, run the save file and it'll open a Linux software where you simply press A for NTSC or B for PAL video output. It doesn't make your Xbox NTSC, all your PAL games will still work fine, it just means the video output is that of a NTSC Xbox.

Spanca
PALGN Moderator

PALGN Moderator

blank.gif

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 8:02 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
Too much effort icon_sad.gif
This forum is locked you cannot post, reply to or edit topicsThis topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies PAL Gaming Network Forum Index
-> General Forums, Archive