Home
Twitter
RSS
Newsletter
Nintendo set to reveal new Console at E3
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22 Next
This forum is locked you cannot post, reply to or edit topicsThis topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies PAL Gaming Network Forum Index
-> General Forums, Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic
ANDYBALLINA

$poons: 977.20
australia.gif

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:38 am Post subject: Nintendo set to reveal new Console at E3 Reply with quote

Came across this on IGN and thought alot of you would be interested. It sounds great to me.

"According to multiple reports today, Nintendo will reveal a new console at E3 this coming June.

Game Informer first reported that the console is capable of running games at "HD resolutions." Our sources have said the the console is significantly more powerful than the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, and that Nintendo's intent is to recapture the hardcore market. Another source said it is capable of 1080p resolutions.

Nintendo is reportedly showing the console to publishers to garner interest for a late 2012 launch.

Additional sources tell IGN that Nintendo will release a pre-announcement this month with a full reveal expected at E3 and that the console will be backwards compatible with current Wii software."

PSN: ANDYBALLINA1
Trade $poons with user View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
?oe?oe

$poons: 114.00
blank.gif

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:05 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
Furianshi
Smurf80
I just hope it is in the same league as PS4 and the next Xbox in terms of power. I'll be happy if it were the Dreamcast to the Xbox/GCN at the very least.

I don't want Nintendo to be a generation behind again. They're not going to capture the hardcore market that way. Gamers have been playing that for nearly 6 years now. It will be the same argument as the Wii, but Nintendo will probably have an early lead for next gen hardware.

Either way, high tier games are going to be even more expensive to make next generation, I think Nintendo will stay on the lower end of the spectrum.

Considering that aren't many decent 3rd party games known left for Wii, developers may just furthermore ditch the Wii and start on next gen Nintendo for a, hopefully, healthy launch. Nintendo will carry out Q3 and Q4 and 2012 with their own titles and localisations (more at E3, I would hope).

That said, it could be quite a big E3 aye... but the main focus will still be 3DS.
PALGN Moderator

PALGN Moderator

$poons: 1275.00
australia.gif

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:22 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
Smurf80
How much better than 1080p are the PS4 and XBOX720 going to be, anyway? HD Nintendo suits me fine. It's a long time coming. Beggars can't be choosers.

A few points:

1. I felt a tingle in my pants when I read the thread title.
2. Late 2012? I can't wait that long.
3. Hey, Nintendo, you're gonna need a better online system now.
4. First party heat at launch, please.

That's all I got for now.

australia.gif

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:27 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
Furianshi
^...I reckon 1080P will match the next Playstation and Xbox and even its not quite a match with them, I'll be satisfied with them giving us HD finally.

I'm glad that Nintendo have finally announced they are going to focus more on the hardcore. As much as I like the Wii, it's really lacking the hardcore titles, so this excites me.

I'm also interested in seeing what they do with the controls. Hopefully they don't go with motion controls only and give us a standard controller aswell.

Please Nintendo, release a Zelda in HD at launch. It's the perfect Nintendo title for this. Make it more in depth, more story driven and HD and it would be awesome.

Edit: Theory you made some good points. Better online is certainly needed and is something they really need to get right if they truly wanna compete with Playstation and Xbox.

Also, Late 2012 isn't that far away, its just over a year away.

Last edited by ANDYBALLINA on Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total
Trade $poons with user View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
Esposch

$poons: 62.00
zimbabwe.gif

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:32 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
I'd be kinda disappointed, to be honest. The Wii hasn't really had its chance to shine yet (unless you count that golden age of mid-2007 to late 2008) and this generation seems far from over.

A DSi-esque incrimental upgrade wouldn't be too bad, though, as long as it supported HD. That would be enough to make me play through the Mario Galaxy series again.
PALGN Moderator

PALGN Moderator

australia.gif

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:37 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
plazma
ANDYBALLINA wrote:
I'm glad that Nintendo have finally announced they are going to focus more on the hardcore. As much as I like the Wii, it's really lacking the hardcore titles, so this excites me.

Grrrrrr! No "hardcore" vs "non hardcore" speak, please!

ANDYBALLINA wrote:
Please Nintendo, release a Zelda in HD at launch. It's the perfect Nintendo title for this. Make it more in depth, more story driven and HD and it would be awesome.

Won't happen. Skyward Sword is out this year. It's usually quite a bit longer than that between Zeldas. Mario or Metroid, though? Possible.

ANDYBALLINA wrote:

We could all be dead by then. Seriously, so much has happened in my life in the last year that I feel like that is three lifetimes away.

australia.gif

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:47 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
theory wrote:
ANDYBALLINA wrote:

Grrrrrr! No "hardcore" vs "non hardcore" speak, please!

ANDYBALLINA wrote:

Won't happen. Skyward Sword is out this year. It's usually quite a bit longer than that between Zeldas. Mario or Metroid, though? Possible.

ANDYBALLINA wrote:

We could all be dead by then. Seriously, so much has happened in my life in the last year that I feel like that is three lifetimes away.

Sorry, I'm just glad they are focusing on more hardcore games (can't think of another word), I'm not trying to start arguements or anything.

They should hold off releasing Skyward Sword, make it HD and launch it with the new console, I'd rather that.

Metroid would be awesome in HD, another entry in the Prime series with an awesome online mode would be cool.

Mario Galaxy 3 would look awesome in HD, so hope they do that.

I still think late 2012 isn't that far. It'll come around fast enough and give people time to save. I wasn't going to Nintendo's next home console, but after hearing where they are heading with it, I'm very interested now. I wonder if this will be the first next gen console to launch.

?oe?oe

blank.gif

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:48 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
Smurf80
theory
ANDYBALLINA
I think the world is being set ablaze at the moment:

CVG reports all new controller with built-in HD screen.
Quote:
What's most exciting about the Wii successor however is its all-new controller, which industry sources have indicated is not simply an upgraded Wii Remote, and will even feature a built-in HD screen.

Our sources did not specify whether or not the controller displays will feature any other functionality, such as that of the DS's touch screen, but it's easy to imagine the sort of innovation an extra screen could bring to Wii 2 games.

"Nintendo's plans sound unreal," one source said. "Publishers are already planning launch titles and it's all very exciting.

"The hardware is even more powerful than current HD consoles and backwards compatible with Wii. The controller will be all-new and has a HD screen on it."

australia.gif

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:56 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
?oe?oe wrote:
I think the world is being set ablaze at the moment:

CVG reports all new controller with built-in HD screen.
Quote:
What's most exciting about the Wii successor however is its all-new controller, which industry sources have indicated is not simply an upgraded Wii Remote, and will even feature a built-in HD screen.

Our sources did not specify whether or not the controller displays will feature any other functionality, such as that of the DS's touch screen, but it's easy to imagine the sort of innovation an extra screen could bring to Wii 2 games.

"Nintendo's plans sound unreal," one source said. "Publishers are already planning launch titles and it's all very exciting.

"The hardware is even more powerful than current HD consoles and backwards compatible with Wii. The controller will be all-new and has a HD screen on it."

F**K. It just get's better & better. So glad that it will be backwards compatable with Wii games, means I can get rid of the Wii and upgrade to the new console. I wonder if it will play GCN games too.

?oe?oe

blank.gif

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:58 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
Haha, your first post mentions backwards compatibility.

It won't have GCN though... need ports for that, doubt they'll add them in again. Plus they're most likely using Blu-Ray.
PALGN Moderator

PALGN Moderator

australia.gif

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:14 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
Nintendo: Setting trends since... whenever they started making video game thingies.

Watch the other big two scramble be the company to copy them first.

$poons: 300.20
australia.gif

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:26 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
I died. Later all. OMG.

PSN/XBL/Steam: ManeKast
Kudos to Fetidchimp for the sig.
Trade $poons with user View users profile Send private message Visit posters website MSN Messenger
Jarrod

$poons: 369.60
australia.gif

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:54 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
Sin Ogaris
admeister
Mike\
'1080p' is just the resolution guys, it doesnt dictate hardware performance on a shader, triangle, or texture level. 1080p just means it outputs at 1920x1080 resolution. Sony and Microsoft's successors wont go higher than 1080p. There's no reason to. HDTVs, by large, only go up to 1080p. If you want higher you have to start digging into LCDs for PC and what not. Consoles dont really have any reason to go beyond it as the mass market consumer wouldn't even notice or care.

theory
PALGN Moderator

PALGN Moderator

australia.gif

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:57 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
Jarrod
That was my point in my first post in this thread. icon_smile.gif

$poons: 3.20
australia.gif

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:12 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
admeister
Ok.

Quote:

They should hold off releasing Skyward Sword, make it HD and launch it with the new console, I'd rather that.

Bet they do the same thing they did with Twilight Princess.

Also, a screen on the controller? The last time a major console company did that, well, it didn't end well, let's just put it that way. Hope Nintendo do better with it than Sega did. Although, it could mean some of the old dreamcast games could get proper ports...
Trade $poons with user View users profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Benza

$poons: 119.20

blank.gif

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:12 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
isn't the next step up up 1080p in full 3D?

$poons: 2570.10
australia.gif

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:21 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
I just hope this encourages Sony and MS to reveal their next consoles too
Jarrod

australia.gif

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:40 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
Benza wrote:

Yeah, but Nintendo are unlikely to adopt that as 3DTV market penetration is still very low. The next Xbox and PlayStation absolutely will support native 1080p 3D across, I assume, every game.

Esposch

$poons: 62.00
zimbabwe.gif

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:04 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
Jarrod wrote:
Benza wrote:

Yeah, but Nintendo are unlikely to adopt that as 3DTV market penetration is still very low. The next Xbox and PlayStation absolutely will support native 1080p 3D across, I assume, every game.

Why wouldn't they, though? It wouldn't cost any extra money to implement.

australia.gif

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:17 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
Esposch wrote:
Why wouldn't they, though? It wouldn't cost any extra money to implement.

Nintendo are strange like that. They'd think up some silly reason, if just to stick it to Sony's '3D TV' market push. 3D usually requires extra hardware resources to do properly too, and they might adopt the policy of "if we can do it perfectly for every game, we wont do it at all".

I dont expect it to output any 3D, even if it should or could. That's basically my thumb rule with Nintendo hardware; just because it doesn't make sense doesn't mean they wont do it.

On another note, I hope people expect friend codes. They're not going anywhere.

Benza

$poons: 119.20

blank.gif

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:24 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
admeister
Jarrod
Quote:
That's basically my thumb rule with Nintendo hardware; just because it doesn't make sense doesn't mean they wont do it.

Peaches dress was too memory intensive for NSMB
PALGN Moderator

PALGN Moderator

australia.gif

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:10 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
admeister
Jarrod wrote:

Definitely. But maybe we can chat to each other and play games with each other too. I know, I know, I'm probably asking too much, but one can hope.

$poons: 3.20
australia.gif

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:02 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
theory wrote:
Jarrod wrote:

Definitely. But maybe we can chat to each other and play games with each other too. I know, I know, I'm probably asking too much, but one can hope.

That should happen. Pokemon allows DSi owners to chat to each other, so I see no reason the next Nintendo console sholdn't have this.
Trade $poons with user View users profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Nietzsche

$poons: 119.80
blank.gif

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:17 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
My thinking is this will delay Sony's and Microsoft's new console. Also Nintendo and hardcore don't go together. The wii and DS have made far too much money, as well as kinect. Expect motion controls and a big red button.
Trade $poons with user View users profile Send private message
Arnor

$poons: 31.00

blank.gif

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:28 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
sobriquet835 wrote:
theory wrote:
Jarrod wrote:

That should happen. Pokemon allows DSi owners to chat to each other, so I see no reason the next Nintendo console sholdn't have this.

the chat feature with pokemon worked on the DS Phat too, also a IM app on the next console (DS-Pic chat*) would be an awesome addition

id like to play the next Zelda (after skyward sword) on a 'normal' console icon_smile.gif The idea of a Nintendo being a "hardcore' console again intrigues me lets hope it doesnt become a "jack of all trades but master of none" probably wouldnt go an purchase it until Sony and Microsoft release their offers (not because I want their products I just expect a massive price drop at the time icon_biggrin.gif)
Trade $poons with user View users profile Send private message
This forum is locked you cannot post, reply to or edit topicsThis topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies PAL Gaming Network Forum Index
-> General Forums, Archive