Home
Twitter
RSS
Newsletter
Football Manager 2012 Review
This forum is locked you cannot post, reply to or edit topicsThis topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies PAL Gaming Network Forum Index
-> General Forums, Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic
Kimberley Ellis
Minion for hire

PALGN Staff

$poons: 35.20
australia.gif

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:59 am Post subject: Football Manager 2012 Review Reply with quote

Football Manager 2012 Review by Kimberley
PC Review: Lift up the trophy once more.
[View Article]

Trade $poons with user View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website
crescent fresh

$poons: 2.00

blank.gif

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:12 pm Post subject: Re: Football Manager 2012 Review Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
wrote:
8½ – 9
A potential 'game of the year', and a game so good it should be fun for anyone to whom the concept appeals. Graphics, control, sound, presentation and gameplay must all be outstanding for a game to score this high.

really an 8.5 ?? i would give it maybe a 7 or a 7.5 if you want to stress the 'no other footy manager game comes close' angle

the match engine is the same as 11.3 but i suppose if you're comparing the opening releases (11.0 -> 12.0) to each other it has improved

thanks to the being to address your conversations in a different tone of voice.
should that say: thanks to being able to address your .... or something because it does not make sense to me

yes team talks and contract negs are slightly improved but they were never really problematic or needed changing from the previous versions

best new feature for me is being able to instantly see the individual effect of team talks on players without digging up the assman's comments screen. And the new directors camera angle which adds a bit of variety depending on the situation (right behind the kicker for indirect fks etc.)

i'm in 2027 on my current save but i reckon 8.5 is a bit generous. it's good but hardly great and apart from the updated teams doesn't do enough differently that fm11 couldn't already icon_dance.gif
This forum is locked you cannot post, reply to or edit topicsThis topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies PAL Gaming Network Forum Index
-> General Forums, Archive