Home
Twitter
RSS
Newsletter
inFamous 2 Review
This forum is locked you cannot post, reply to or edit topicsThis topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies PAL Gaming Network Forum Index
-> General Forums, Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic
Frozencry

$poons: 1628.10
australia.gif

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:08 pm Post subject: inFamous 2 Review Reply with quote

inFamous 2 Review by Denny
PS3 Review: Supersonic Electronic.
[View Article]

Trade $poons with user View users profile Send private message Visit posters website MSN Messenger
Benza

$poons: 119.20

blank.gif

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:18 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
Crank
LooneyVoltage
Do the new powers you get fall into the same "substitute for guns" thing the first one had? Playing Infamous 1 I felt like I was basically being given a traditional arsenal that has glowy lightning effects on it.

$poons: 152.40

australia.gif

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:29 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
Benza wrote:
Do the new powers you get fall into the same "substitute for guns" thing the first one had? Playing Infamous 1 I felt like I was basically being given a traditional arsenal that has glowy lightning effects on it.

Which is also how the Force Unleashed games feel like to me too. I'm looking forward to playing this though, the first one was pretty good fun.

Committed to gaming mediocrity and no platinum trophies.
Trade $poons with user View users profile Send private message
Frozencry

$poons: 1628.10
australia.gif

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:16 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
Benza wrote:

A little, yeah. Like I said in review, they weren't all that creative with the Ice and Fire stuff. There are a few really cool abilities that you get with the new powers but it's mostly the same kind of attack just with different effects.

Was really peeved with that honestly, as I fucking LOVE ice powers; that's why my nickname is Frozencry after all. They could've done so much cool stuff with it, like freezing the ground and making people slip, ice beams that freeze people solid, blizzards, etc. But yeah, I was sadly let down as it felt a lot more held back.

Trade $poons with user View users profile Send private message Visit posters website MSN Messenger
light487

$poons: 178.60
australia.gif

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:50 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
admeister
Seems like I wasn't the only one who got a little frustrated by the "city travelling" sections of the first game. icon_smile.gif I'm kinda glad that you still have to recharge your powers, it's one of the things that made the first one challenging.. in other powers-based games, your powers automatically recharge over time but with inFamous when you have to seek out a power source to recharge, it can get pretty hairy.

One thing I do hope is that the enemies aren't as accurate as they were in the first. You say they are accurate.. but are they as accurate as in the first game? It's a real buzz kill when there are enemies shooting at you from 500m away (out of your own range in some cases) and hitting you with ease, over and over again despite you running and dodging..
This forum is locked you cannot post, reply to or edit topicsThis topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies PAL Gaming Network Forum Index
-> General Forums, Archive