Home
Twitter
RSS
Newsletter
The PSP Vita Thread
Goto page Previous 1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 Next
This forum is locked you cannot post, reply to or edit topicsThis topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies PAL Gaming Network Forum Index
-> General Forums, Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic
admeister

$poons: 982.80
australia.gif

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:11 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
mikezilla2
I hadn't heard of this game before, looks interesting:

Quote:

True gaming is reborn on the PlayStation Vita with the launch of A-Men, a riddle within a retro game that will satisfy your cravings for tactical play. With more than a hint of the old school style of logic, platforms and creatures, we think our new, highly addictive title is an unexpected launch in a market dominated by pump-action big titles. Created by Bloober Team and honourably inspired by retro-cult classics Lemmings and Lost Vikings, the game gives you control of up to five army characters, each with their own personalities, skills and tools, whose mission is to round up their equally endearing enemies across a series of worlds and puzzles. Highly tactical and completely addictive, the game is immediately easy to play and yet, like many classic games, it is hard to truly master. You’ll definitely need a brain for this one, folks.

The gameplay takes the player on a journey through a series of different worlds and themes including Forest World, Seacoast World, Winterland World and Factory World. A-Men players use all of their five classes of characters to go up against two types of enemies. The first is a dumb lemming-like character and the second is very smart with the ability to avoid your clever traps. The characters are Spy, Muscleman, Commando, Engineer and Private, but beware of being fooled by their military-sounding names. Each one has their own very distinct personality and unique abilities that more skilled players will delve into to find that they can be combined across characters to ‘power up’ their individual capabilities.

If you want to change the look of your characters you can even visit clothing stores within the game to change outfits into something you prefer. As you might expect for a brand new game on a new platform, we have made use of the Vita’s astounding technical features, including the possibility to use proximity play with other gamers to exchange items won in the many levels throughout the different Worlds.

We have also made best use of the OLED screen, action buttons and touch controls of the PS Vita, the only platform with this combination that makes for truly enjoyable, old-school style gameplay. It really shows off the advantage of the PlayStation system over app-based gaming. There’s enough involved to keep you up all night and the cute, well-delivered style makes it worth it. Throw in Trophies available for hardcore enthusiasts and there is something in this game for everyone, and just one of the many reasons why A-Men is going to dominate the forums with players looking for walkthroughs. Like the Rubik’s cube or Tetris, it’s one of those games you get utterly absorbed in but not everyone can master. A-Men has cult classic written all over it.

A-Men will be available from European PlayStation Store for PS Vita on 22 February.

There's also some rather cool info about the Cross Play compatibility with PS3 games:

PlayStation Blog wrote:
- When you buy MotorStorm RC you will be able to play it on PS3 and PS Vita at no additional cost.

- When you buy Hustle Kings and/or Top Darts for PS Vita, you will get the PS3 versions for free. If you already own these games on PS3, you’ll be able to download the PS Vita version for free.

- If you purchase WipEout 2048 and you already own WipEout HD and the HD Fury DLC on PS3, you will be able to download them for free when they launch on PS Vita later this spring.

- DLC purchased for the PS3 version of Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 can be used on the PS Vita version for free (and vice versa).

"The first person to prove that cow's milk is drinkable was very, very thirsty." - Fact Sphere.

Last edited by admeister on Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total
Trade $poons with user View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
DarkYoshii

$poons: 23.30
australia.gif

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:16 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
admeister
Friendlyguy: Yes, I do own a 3DS. I find the graphics are significantly better Vitawise with some of the games like Wipeout and Uncharted and even the not-so-pretty games like Ragnarok Odyssey look cleaned up. Could just be the screen though. You want a pretty Vita game though get Blazblue, OHHHH MAN.

Loading times are freaking TERRIBLE with some games however it's still launch tech so grant them that. Hopefully it'll improve.

Vita is surprisingly light so no my hands don't get tired but then again I don't play it for crazy long periods of time.

Vita feels rather sturdy but due to the weight I can see why people are concerned. I chucked a silicon case on mine (which somehow doesn't look tack) and put that in a carry case just to be safe. Haven't dropped it so I couldn't tell you more. : P
Friendlyguy

$poons: 0.80

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:24 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
admeister
Hey!

Thanks a lot for the answers, really appreciate it! Been wondering whether I should pick up a Vita or not, looks like I probably will, even though the best games are still some ways down the road.

Probably get SF X Tekken when it comes out, that looks damn worthwhile.

Thanks again!
Trade $poons with user View users profile Send private message
mikezilla2

$poons: 588.60

blank.gif

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:31 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
i just wish rock star would hurry up and announce something !

$poons: 775.40
australia.gif

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:54 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
dloiscute
admeister
mikezilla2
UMvC3 looks fkn incredible on the Vita. Graphics wise, the Vita blows the 3DS out of the water.

b+2,1 mindgames
Trade $poons with user View users profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Friendlyguy

$poons: 0.80

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:04 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
ZeroX03
Hey again!

ZeroX03 - quick question if you don't mind, I've got regular MVC3 on my PS3, how would you say the Vita UMVC3 compares graphically with that version? I know mine isn't the Ultimate version, but this is about the best comparison I can imagine, since I know MVC3 pretty well. Any info would be awesome, thanks!
admeister

australia.gif

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:30 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
dloiscute
chibiandy
Two days to go! admeister's hype level increases to 70%.

"The first person to prove that cow's milk is drinkable was very, very thirsty." - Fact Sphere.
Trade $poons with user View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
mikezilla2

blank.gif

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:41 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
a few days to go - you never konw with amazon ...

$poons: 514.40
blank.gif

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:06 am Post subject: Reply with quote

You haven't gotten a PS Vita till you've lined up in zero degree temperatures on launch day!

You gotta earn that Vita! Except for Zero, he's a lazy ass ho, and got me to do all the work.

$poons: 0.20

blank.gif

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:07 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
admeister
About A-Men. According to Piotr from Bloober that posted some more info game will cost 14.99 Euro. Demo should be available with Vita launch so there will be a chance to check it before buying. It looks great, but also quite hard. I miss difficult games;)
ZeroX03

australia.gif

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:58 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
dloiscute
Friendlyguy wrote:
Hey again!

ZeroX03 - quick question if you don't mind, I've got regular MVC3 on my PS3, how would you say the Vita UMVC3 compares graphically with that version? I know mine isn't the Ultimate version, but this is about the best comparison I can imagine, since I know MVC3 pretty well. Any info would be awesome, thanks!

Graphics wise, the character models and backgrounds are fantastic, I simply cannot tell that much of a difference between the two versions. However, the hit effects and supers aren't as WOW as the console versions, those are the only two aspects they had to downgrade to maintain the graphical prowess on the Vita. Everything else? Brilliant, the colours really pop out and everything looks so crisp and sharp on the Vita.

b+2,1 mindgames
chibiandy

$poons: 230.80
cambodia.gif

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:46 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
dloiscute
Ciel wrote:
You haven't gotten a PS Vita till you've lined up in zero degree temperatures on launch day!

You gotta earn that Vita! Except for Zero, he's a lazy ass ho, and got me to do all the work.

All hail Jesus-kun! icon_razz.gif

$poons: 1868.80
australia.gif

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:59 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
dloiscute
chibiandy
God I love Jesus-kun!

XBL - LeonJ
PSN - LeonJ

DarkYoshii

australia.gif

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:14 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
ZeroX03 wrote:

Graphics wise, the character models and backgrounds are fantastic, I simply cannot tell that much of a difference between the two versions. However, the hit effects and supers aren't as WOW as the console versions, those are the only two aspects they had to downgrade to maintain the graphical prowess on the Vita. Everything else? Brilliant, the colours really pop out and everything looks so crisp and sharp on the Vita.

I've noticed a few differences. Tends to lag a little when multiple assists are on the screen getting hit however at face value (like Uncharted) you really can't tell the difference.
theory
PALGN Moderator

PALGN Moderator

$poons: 1275.00
australia.gif

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:30 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Buy 2 Get 1 Free Vita Games at Amazon right now...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/ref=amb_link_360054202_3?docId=1000772511&ie=UTF8&pf_rd_i=409566&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_p=1346914742&pf_rd_r=0F18W93K9V4BWCDYV9EQ&pf_rd_s=right-1&pf_rd_t=101

$poons: 1868.80
australia.gif

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:57 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
dloiscute
gosh that is tempting even though I won't get a Vita for a while. 3 vita games for $80!?

XBL - LeonJ
PSN - LeonJ

theory
PALGN Moderator

PALGN Moderator

$poons: 1275.00
australia.gif

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:06 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
I know, pretty damn good. Especially since it includes the two highest rating games thus far (Rayman and Lumines) and some others that have scored 80+ on Game Rankings and Metacritic (BlazBlue and Uncharted). Not bad at all.

blank.gif

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:42 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
shipping is like $20 ?

australia.gif

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:21 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
Blazblue is scoring high on Metacritic and with good reason. the game looks SO DAMN PRETTY on the Vita. In all honestly I reckon it's the best looking game on the device, really brings out the most of the OLED screen.
Bronze

$poons: 164.80
australia.gif

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:55 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
You can pick up Rayman Origins for $33 at EB if you get it with a Vita.

$poons: 23.00

australia.gif

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:57 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
admeister
PS Vita Store Update: http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2012/02/21/playstation-store-update-ps-vita-launch-edition/
DarkYoshii

australia.gif

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:04 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
Store still isn't up yet though sadly, just checked. D :
iorkara

$poons: 23.00

australia.gif

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:05 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
admeister
Just jump on tomorrow. I'll buy a few tomorrow. I'm going all digital with Vita..

Cannot wait for Thursday!
admeister

australia.gif

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:11 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
The store pricing looks very reasonable! If Sony follow the current exchange rate when converting to the Australian pricing, then there will be some big savings. For example, Touch My Katamari is going for $30 EUR, which coverts to about $37 AUD. By comparison, JB are selling the game for $44. Here's hoping that these kinds of savings actually happen. icon_smile.gif

The Vita is out tomorrow, my hype level is reaching maximum levels!

ZeroX03

australia.gif

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:22 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
Pagan's Mind
Just installed Tekken 6 onto my PSP. HNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

b+2,1 mindgames
This forum is locked you cannot post, reply to or edit topicsThis topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies PAL Gaming Network Forum Index
-> General Forums, Archive