Home
Twitter
RSS
Newsletter
Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning Review
This forum is locked you cannot post, reply to or edit topicsThis topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies PAL Gaming Network Forum Index
-> General Forums, Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic
Neil B
PALGN Writer

PALGN Writer

$poons: 84.70
australia.gif

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:14 pm Post subject: Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning Review Reply with quote

Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning Review by Neil
PC Review: Whacking day.
[View Article]

Trade $poons with user View users profile Send private message
Windburn

$poons: 222.60
italy.gif

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:54 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
I thoroughly enjoyed that review, and I would like to especially commend you for including the insightful (and often-lacking) preface to your review which should be a staple of all MMO reviews. It's really important that the reader knows what they're getting themselves into, and that the reviewer is basing their review on the target demographic. Great work icon_smile.gif

You are spot on about the server populations being overly determinative of the quality of the experience you'll have in WAR. I can only hope it will improve, but I'm playing on Ironclaw and consider myself fortunate to be in a well populated server.

I feel that WAR is a game that almost requires a guild experience. RvR really only comes into its own when its spam free, and more coordinated, and that's where the fighting really shines. As a guild group, we've won 99% of our scenarios, and have developed healthy rivalries between competing guilds, which only adds to the experience.

The only criticism I have is that I think it would have been worth mentioning the additional classes being added next month, as that's a fairly hefty update to a game that has just been released (and is dealing with other server problems especially). The support Mythic are giving has been exceptional. Also the fact that it is one of the few (only?) MMOs to provide local Oceanic servers complete with a relevant maintenance schedule, a factor I would have thought was especially pertinent to PALGN.

Still, an excellent review Neil. Thanks for taking the time to keep us in the know icon_smile.gif

$poons: 110.20
blank.gif

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 7:38 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
Great review, well written and covers the important issues with the game!

Remember you can buy prepaid cards for $40 for 2 months at most major game stores which makes a hell of a lot more sense during the US shaky economy.
mblem

$poons: 0.00

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:46 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
Matt!! What a clever idea - *runs off to buy game card!*
This forum is locked you cannot post, reply to or edit topicsThis topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies PAL Gaming Network Forum Index
-> General Forums, Archive