Home
Twitter
RSS
Newsletter
Gears of War pack
This forum is locked you cannot post, reply to or edit topicsThis topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies PAL Gaming Network Forum Index
-> General Forums, Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic
TheAnswer

$poons: 1.80
australia.gif

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 9:01 pm Post subject: Gears of War pack Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
Was at my local EB yesterday and the management told me that a Gears of War 360 pack should be on sale as of tomorrow. It is a premium console and Gears of War. The pack is $700.

Pretty expensive imho when you can get a standard Premium system for $600 inc 2 games at Games Wizards and buy Gears for $80 at most stores.

Buy video games for cheap here: http://www.play-asia.com/SOap-23-83-3hy3-49-en.html
Trade $poons with user View users profile Send private message Visit posters website MSN Messenger
Spanca
PALGN Moderator

PALGN Moderator

$poons: 106.00
blank.gif

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 9:04 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
It's cheap for EB though icon_razz.gif

Actually I thought EB had the premium console at $599 for awhile. I don't know if they still do, but by their standards this is still an expensive pack.

$poons: 19.60
australia.gif

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 10:48 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
I think JB HiFi have it in their current catalogue for about $648. They also have live retail packs for $69 with any 360 product purchase.
Trade $poons with user View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
TheAnswer

australia.gif

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 7:17 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
Spanca wrote:
It's cheap for EB though icon_razz.gif

Actually I thought EB had the premium console at $599 for awhile. I don't know if they still do, but by their standards this is still an expensive pack.

They have the premium pack with 1 title (out of like pd0, pgr3, kameo and xbox live unlimited) for $599, but I understand this GOW pack doesnt give this bonus title

Buy video games for cheap here: http://www.play-asia.com/SOap-23-83-3hy3-49-en.html
Trade $poons with user View users profile Send private message Visit posters website MSN Messenger
VOOK

$poons: 39.60
australia.gif

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 12:46 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
Its actually a deal from MS, its still too expensive for me to consider buying though. Waiting for mid year sales too see the real cheapness

Trade $poons with user View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website MSN Messenger
Nexus

$poons: 9.00
australia.gif

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:26 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
It is a good idea to have a Gears of War pack. Suprised thier isn't something else in the pack though like a shirt or face plate, they could have made the pack a little bit more elusive. I am suprised MS didn't do it sooner. They did some a lot of great packs with the orignal Xbox so hopefully there will be plenty more like this for the 360.

Other stores will drop the price down a bit. Competative pricing should make it a bit cheaper but it depends on how much range there is to drop the price.

$poons: 0.00
blank.gif

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:27 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
Why are you so surprised?
Trade $poons with user View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
Nexus

$poons: 9.00
australia.gif

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:44 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
Amy wrote:

Firstly I was suprised that MS didn't do it sooner because the games hype has died down a little bit since its launch. It would have also been a great bundle for Christmas since they could have pushed a lot of sales. MS may be trying to take some attention away from the PS3 but I think if they are trying to do this then it would have been a lot more beneficial for them to do it before Christmas when the PS3 wasn't in the public's mind, at least in Australia.

Secondly I am suprised that the pack only included a game. This doesn't make it illusive enough for customers because as metioned by TheAnswer thier is a decent saving. If they added it some free thing that is practically worthless to MS then it might just push people a bit further. Free 6 Months of Live or an extra controller would have been great considering Gears of War is such a good multiplayer game. 6 months is a long way down the track for an impulse buyer.

$poons: 228.80
australia.gif

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:54 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
Nexus wrote:
Amy wrote:

Firstly I was suprised that MS didn't do it sooner because the games hype has died down a little bit since its launch. It would have also been a great bundle for Christmas since they could have pushed a lot of sales. MS may be trying to take some attention away from the PS3 but I think if they are trying to do this then it would have been a lot more beneficial for them to do it before Christmas when the PS3 wasn't in the public's mind, at least in Australia.

Secondly I am suprised that the pack only included a game. This doesn't make it illusive enough for customers because as metioned by TheAnswer thier is a decent saving. If they added it some free thing that is practically worthless to MS then it might just push people a bit further. Free 6 Months of Live or an extra controller would have been great considering Gears of War is such a good multiplayer game. 6 months is a long way down the track for an impulse buyer.

I don't think anyone has ever replied to an AI user with such a long post. icon_lol.gif

This package is a rip off.
Trade $poons with user View users profile Send private message
bluejay

$poons: 69.10
australia.gif

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:22 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
This Package is decent imo, but more because most places seem to be putting it on sale for $650, which isn't too bad for people that just want to get a 360 now.... a faceplate or something really would have helped though
Trade $poons with user View users profile Send private message
GroovySamurai
PALGN Moderator

PALGN Moderator

$poons: 0.60
australia.gif

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:08 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
haha Thats the worse deal ever, EB certainly know how to get there money.

Check out this deal from Big W - $698
You get the Xbox 360 Entertainment Pack which comes will the Premium system, Kameo, PGR3 AND Gears of War. Now that sounds more like it icon_razz.gif

Oh and BTW you can get that EB deal at JBHIFI for $639 at the moment.

Xbox ID - GroovySamurai
PSN ID - Groovy22
Trade $poons with user View users profile Send private message MSN Messenger
TheAnswer

australia.gif

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:19 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
Well it's not an EB only deal, it's a Microsoft deal. Just as we know, EB Generally charge the full RRP for their items but will price match so as long as that Gears back at JB is advertised they will match it

*No I dont work for EB, I just don't want people to assume EB made this deal.

This forum is locked you cannot post, reply to or edit topicsThis topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies PAL Gaming Network Forum Index
-> General Forums, Archive