Home
Twitter
RSS
Newsletter
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.
Goto page Previous 1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 28, 29, 30 Next
This forum is locked you cannot post, reply to or edit topicsThis topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies PAL Gaming Network Forum Index
-> General Forums, Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic
light487

$poons: 178.60
australia.gif

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:44 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
I'm still only level 14.. about 18 hours into the game.. killed the first 2 dragons and then one after that. Struggling with finding people to sell my stuff to in order to raise my wealth over 5,000gp to buy the house so then I can just store my stuff. Whenever I find someone who is going to let me sell them gems, they don't have enough money to buy them all from me.. what kinda gem trader only has 100gp to their name??

Also, I've been playing as a mage/thief and I find it difficult to raise armor skills because as a mage, you don't want to get hit and you kill everything before it reaches you.. so if no one hits me, I don't get armor skill increases. While there is a bunch of skill trees for the different types of magic, I really don't see a lot of point in using anything other than Destruction and the occasional Conjuration for the Soul Trap spell... so a lot of the time I have a spare skill point or two sitting there for a long time.

One thing that was really satisfying, during my last play session, was killing a giant. At my level, they are very hard to kill and it took a lot of tactic to do it. Basically I had to run away from the giant and then use my Whirlwind (fast run) shout to get away from him, then turn around and let loose with my magic.. rinse and repeat.. sound straight forward but it really felt like there was something to lose (my life) and that it was a real struggle as well as having to use everything I had to do it. All the while Lydia is firing ineffectual arrows at the giant.

Oh and the other thing.. so many potions.. I've cooked up hundreds of potions.. too many potions... bit too easy to make potions I think..

$poons: 119.80
blank.gif

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:42 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
The thing about armor as a mage, firstly you can use alteration to get armor, use trainers or just not get hit.
Trade $poons with user View users profile Send private message
ThunderCurls

$poons: 9.80
australia.gif

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:10 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
About shops not having enough cash. Pump all of those extra perk points into Speech.
Nietzsche

$poons: 119.80
blank.gif

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:48 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
Theres no point, eventually you have enough money, its not an issue.
Kurupt

$poons: 211.10

blank.gif

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:29 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
My sell run:

Go to Whiterun. Improve my weapons and armour if I'm able. Then sell weapons and armour to the blacksmith/s.

Go to the potion shop. Buy all the potions I need. Sell all the potions and whatever else I can.

Head to the General store and buy potions, then sell everything else until it's gone or he's out of money.

If he runs out of money, head to solitude.

Go to the general store and sell everything.

Usually by then I've sold everything I have to. Very rarely they run out as well, so then I head to Riften.
Trade $poons with user View users profile Send private message MSN Messenger
light487

australia.gif

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:52 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
Ahh ok, thanks. Yer.. I'm not up to Solitude/Riften yet.. so that may be the problem but I will try the potions trick.

I'll also look into alteration for defense and stuff..

$poons: 24.40

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:57 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
ThunderCurls
So many Thieves Guild quests ... I want that trophy!
Coltaine

$poons: 14.40

blank.gif

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:42 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
I was playing this day and night and then the whole move-to-Australia thing happened and I couldn't play (no monitor) since the 24th of November, and I only recently gave it a bash again on the 13th. So I guess I'm way behind everyone else at the moment.

I've worked up my smithing to 100 so I have a full set of Dragonscale armour. Now I'm busy getting my enchanting up to 100. I've got a soul trapping daedric sword and bow which seems to do the trick, but it takes so long finding/buying gems and then actually filling them. Gems are also really costly, but it hasn't been a problem yet. Enchanting is up to 70.

Once I've got that to 100 I'm going to enchant the crap out of my armour, shield and weapons, so I can be a force to be reckoned with when I further the main quest (currently only on my way to Solitude to meet some elvish twat). Then after the main I'll start hunting down the legendary weapons/armour sets, and only then, once I'm Alduin reborn I'm going to go on to the faction quests. Already finished Companions but that was a bit disappointing. And I refuse to go onto any other faction before acquiring the relevant skills to do so. For the sake of immersion I just can't go in as a two handed warrior in the Dark Brotherhood.

That said, I got quite bored of playing two-handed and have since gone over to one-handed + shield, and while it is much more fun like this, I feel incredibly weak. I was able to, as an orcish two-handed combatant, kill a dragon in 3 or 4 hits on Expert. Being so overpowered was boring, though.

The only thing being a bother at the moment is high tier mages, so hopefully I'll be able to get some magic resistant enchantments up soon (and marry Lydia).

Where is this hangover quest everyone is talking about btw?

$poons: 487.60
australia.gif

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 1:36 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
ThunderCurls
I found it in the Inn at Whiterun, but apparently it can be any inn in a major town. Just look for a guy dressed in black having a few.

Now playing: Binary Domain
Now Replaying: Mass Effect 2
Trade $poons with user View users profile Send private message Send email MSN Messenger
Warpdogg

$poons: 91.20
australia.gif

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:26 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
light487 wrote:
I'm still only level 14.. about 18 hours into the game.. killed the first 2 dragons and then one after that. Struggling with finding people to sell my stuff to in order to raise my wealth over 5,000gp to buy the house so then I can just store my stuff. Whenever I find someone who is going to let me sell them gems, they don't have enough money to buy them all from me.. what kinda gem trader only has 100gp to their name??.

Go to Riften and join the Thieves Guild, there are a bunch of side missions that lead to special missions. Every time you complete a special mission (4 in total) the hub area gains a new merchant (max of 4) and fences gain more gold to barter with, up to a max of 4k gold on all fences. There's a fence located in every major hold of Skyrim (Solitude, Markarth, Whiterun and Windhelm).

$poons: 152.40

australia.gif

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:07 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
Has the bug preventing you from marrying Lydia been fixed yet? (She's supposed to be marryable, but the dialog option for it never appears.)
ThunderCurls

australia.gif

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 1:41 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
Just punch her clothes off.
light487

australia.gif

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:01 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
Warpdogg wrote:
light487 wrote:
I'm still only level 14.. about 18 hours into the game.. killed the first 2 dragons and then one after that. Struggling with finding people to sell my stuff to in order to raise my wealth over 5,000gp to buy the house so then I can just store my stuff. Whenever I find someone who is going to let me sell them gems, they don't have enough money to buy them all from me.. what kinda gem trader only has 100gp to their name??.

Go to Riften and join the Thieves Guild, there are a bunch of side missions that lead to special missions. Every time you complete a special mission (4 in total) the hub area gains a new merchant (max of 4) and fences gain more gold to barter with, up to a max of 4k gold on all fences. There's a fence located in every major hold of Skyrim (Solitude, Markarth, Whiterun and Windhelm).

Ahh cool, thanks.. Solitude is my next main quest destination but I might go to Riften first.. I've acquired a few unusual gems I need to take there.

I did manage to get my house in Whiterun now, and fully decked it out with all the decorations.. so I can unload all my stuff there now.. killed another dragon.. this one was kinda tough (at first) because it wouldn't land and let me hit it with my novice magic.. then I switched to apprentice firebolts and it was toast.. literally.

$poons: 342.60
fiji.gif

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:16 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
I am loving this game. I didn't think it would be this good. I was getting bored of gaming before this. But this has really brought it back. Maybe too much as i can't stop playing it lol. Took me a few restarts to work out what i wont to do in with my character but i think iv found it. Well i hope i have as iv spent so much time already i can't start again this time.
Trade $poons with user View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
Coltaine

blank.gif

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:40 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
^ The system is designed so that you really don't have to restart and create a new char. Unless you are referring to something other than frequenting certain skills more than others.

australia.gif

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:45 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
So now I am level 20.. still on the Mage/Thief class play style.. now that I've gotten my pickpocket skill up, ever NPC is basically a bank icon_smile.gif I was a little worried to pump perk points into this skill but with so much good stuff to loot from NPCs, it's as viable as any method of making money in the game to raise other skills by training. I joined the thieves guild and have found the thieves guild missions to be very satisfying.

I love how the game allows me to play the way I want to play.. it's the first time I have felt like I am accomplishing things as a Mage/Thief since the Baldur's Gate series. I'm one of only 9.1% of players to get the "Thief" achievement on Steam.. 50 locks picked, 50 pockets picked.

I'm having fun just going around and looting all the NPCs and just skulking around in general.. the main quest is on hold for now. icon_smile.gif

australia.gif

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:33 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
At work now.. and knowing I need to attend my strata annual meeting tonight means I won't be able to play the game anytime soon.. just starting to get to all the good stuff now it seems. The first part of the game had a lot of good stuff.. don't get me wrong but it was the usual start of fantasy game fare..

$poons: 342.60
fiji.gif

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:34 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
Coltaine wrote:
^ The system is designed so that you really don't have to restart and create a new char. Unless you are referring to something other than frequenting certain skills more than others.

Yeah restarted 3 times because i didn't like the direction i was taking my character with his skills. Can you take back skills you have already added?
Trade $poons with user View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
ThunderCurls

australia.gif

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:34 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
Nope.
Coltaine

blank.gif

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:31 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
No, but you can just start using other skills instead. Since you didn't have to choose any skills you can just shift from playing sword and shield to mage and the relevant skills will then level. I played two-handed until it was on 78 then shifted to one-handed and I haven't had a problem in doing so. Being able to wake up one day and decide you are going to completely change your playstyle now to that of an assassin is what makes this game great. And being restricted from doing that is what made me dislike Oblivion.

The only problem that may arise is if you chose health and stamina and then decided you actually wanted to play a mage.

$poons: 1628.10
australia.gif

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:24 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Trade $poons with user View users profile Send private message Visit posters website MSN Messenger
fatpizza

$poons: 348.20
australia.gif

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:54 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
ThunderCurls
Casey2017
A bit peeved with the 'Oblivion Walker' achievement/trophy in this game. Since even though I have completed all daedric quests, because I made one 'wrong' choice in one of the quests I didn't get a specific daedric item. This means if I want the trophy I'll have to start the whole game again...
They really should have just have given the trophy for completing the quests rather than doing them specifically how bethesda wanted, since that sort of ruins the whole idea of freedom this game promotes.

It's really not too much of a hassle though, as I figured I'll start a new game as a Khajit using magic/dagger combination and play the game in a completely different way to keep it fresh.

$poons: 24.40

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:44 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
I accidentally traded a city and didn't get one of the civil war quest trophies. I'll have to go back to an early save and redo it icon_sad.gif

I'm lucky, the only Daedric Quest I've done I picked the right choice.
A13x

$poons: 2126.10
australia.gif

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:53 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
fatpizza wrote:
A bit peeved with the 'Oblivion Walker' achievement/trophy in this game. Since even though I have completed all daedric quests, because I made one 'wrong' choice in one of the quests I didn't get a specific daedric item. This means if I want the trophy I'll have to start the whole game again...
They really should have just have given the trophy for completing the quests rather than doing them specifically how bethesda wanted, since that sort of ruins the whole idea of freedom this game promotes.

It's really not too much of a hassle though, as I figured I'll start a new game as a Khajit using magic/dagger combination and play the game in a completely different way to keep it fresh.

Can't just load an old save?

<3
Trade $poons with user View users profile Send private message Visit posters website MSN Messenger
fatpizza

$poons: 348.20
australia.gif

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:06 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
A13x wrote:
fatpizza wrote:

Can't just load an old save?

No, I keep 3 game saves ongoing and I've gone well past that point. About 100 hours past...
This forum is locked you cannot post, reply to or edit topicsThis topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies PAL Gaming Network Forum Index
-> General Forums, Archive