Home
Twitter
RSS
Newsletter
Assassin's Creed: Revelations Review
This forum is locked you cannot post, reply to or edit topicsThis topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies PAL Gaming Network Forum Index
-> General Forums, Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic
Jeremy

$poons: 47.40
blank.gif

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:04 am Post subject: Assassin's Creed: Revelations Review Reply with quote

Assassin's Creed: Revelations Review by Jeremy
PALGN Review: Destiny and answers revealed.
[View Article]

Trade $poons with user View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website MSN Messenger
Benza

$poons: 119.20

blank.gif

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:24 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
god so pumped for this, even with the complaints you made all I'm really hoping for is basically brotherhood with more desmond story.

$poons: 127.80
australia.gif

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:41 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
Yeah, even if it doesn't improve in leaps and bounds from here, Desmond's Creed is where I'm at.

$poons: 15.40

australia.gif

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:54 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
It maybe pretty much the same game they've released as the past two now, but at least its a good one with an interesting story.

I know I will buy it but with Skyrim (which consumes all my time) and everything else I've bought but haven't barely touched yet, I'll probably get through that first. Then Saints Row is meant to be pretty good too. God damn it!!

$poons: 131.40
australia.gif

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:26 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
Pretty much what I was expecting. Brotherhood didn't leave alot of scope for series expansion. Glad this is where we leave Ezio, who really has been dragged out one game too long. I do expect next years to be the follow-up we want it to be. Wisdom says (with so many AAA titles this Nov) this purchase can wait, as its pretty much more a series closer then series advancement, but I will be getting this afternoon thanks to my appranent need to have all the CEs in this series.

Trade $poons with user View users profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
mrpookles

$poons: 62.60
australia.gif

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:10 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
Animus Edition is sitting pretty at my feet now. Just need to find the time to play it...
Trade $poons with user View users profile Send private message
PixieGirl

$poons: 640.60
uk.gif

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:00 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
Seems like the one game a year thing they have going might be starting to cut down the quality a bit. They need to slow it down.

In any case I'm still pre ordering this for PC because I'm a sucker for the Assassins Creed environments and story and runny-climby-jumpy gameplay ^_^

Jarrod

$poons: 369.60
australia.gif

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:25 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
PixieGirl
PixieGirl wrote:
Seems like the one game a year thing they have going might be starting to cut down the quality a bit. They need to slow it down.

Publisher obsession with yearly iterations is an express train to killing a franchise. It's the easiest way to burn out customers and stretch game concepts far too thin.

Unless it's got the appeal of something like Call of Duty I don't think its ever worth it. Give the team some time off, shuffle staff and have them work on other projects, then let them all come back fresh and inspired with new ideas. Just one year can make a huge difference.

If Ubisoft did this maybe we'd see similar leaps and expansions over Assassin's Creed 2 as that was over the original. It will be interesting to see how next year's Assassin's Creed 3 shapes up. If it will be something really new, or yet another remix of the establish mechanics with a few extra trimmings.

Trade $poons with user View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
grim-one

$poons: 1567.30
australia.gif

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:19 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
Jarrod wrote:
PixieGirl wrote:

Publisher obsession with yearly iterations is an express train to killing a franchise. It's the easiest way to burn out customers and stretch game concepts far too thin.

Unless it's got the appeal of something like Call of Duty I don't think its ever worth it. Give the team some time off, shuffle staff and have them work on other projects, then let them all come back fresh and inspired with new ideas. Just one year can make a huge difference.

If Ubisoft did this maybe we'd see similar leaps and expansions over Assassin's Creed 2 as that was over the original. It will be interesting to see how next year's Assassin's Creed 3 shapes up. If it will be something really new, or yet another remix of the establish mechanics with a few extra trimmings.

Another way it could work is you set up A and B teams. A handles the major releases with large changes in content or engines. B handles the in-betweens with mainly just asset and scripting work involved.

Not that I have any idea how Ubi/AC have their teams laid out.

Steam:grim_one | PSN/Live:najakh | Flickr
Benza

$poons: 119.20

blank.gif

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:38 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
PixieGirl
mikezilla2
In an interview they said they were actually kicking themselves for the whole yearly release thing and that they'd kind of painted themselves into a corner since AC 3 has to come out in 2012 or it throws the entire story out.

After it they're going back to taking their time with the games.
This forum is locked you cannot post, reply to or edit topicsThis topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies PAL Gaming Network Forum Index
-> General Forums, Archive