Home
Twitter
RSS
Newsletter
What really ticks you off?
Goto page Previous 1, 2, 3 ... 883, 884, 885 ... 934, 935, 936 Next
This forum is locked you cannot post, reply to or edit topicsThis topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies PAL Gaming Network Forum Index
-> General Forums, Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic
PixieGirl

$poons: 640.60
uk.gif

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 6:09 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
I used to have a bunny called Cuddles..

I was a very creative 8 year old =D

Trade $poons with user View users profile Send private message
cosmoh

$poons: 9.60
australia.gif

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 8:15 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

come home from work after buying skyrim, pants wet with excitement and anticipation

take the disc out of case, and place the the empty case on the games shelf behind the tv (32 inch full hd Samsung which i only bought 3 months ago)

as i turn around to walk to the kitchen to get a beer from the fridge i hear a tiny little mouse like crack, followed by a devestating crash

turn around to discover shelf has somehow unhinged and fallen forward, taking everything with it

televison completely destroyed, screen is a cracked liquidy mess when turned on and with leaving for overseas in only 13 days, there is no way i can afford to replace it, with even a cheap knockoff unit i cant dare dip into the travel savings. never have i raged so hard
Trade $poons with user View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
Jedi_Amara

$poons: 24.40
australia.gif

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:25 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
Mike\ wrote:
actually I'm a little more turned on

but Mike I thought you hated cats

Games I'm after | Play-Asia link
MY PSP IS NOT PINK! - now with added blog
Trade $poons with user View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ObsoletE

$poons: 34.20
australia.gif

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 3:58 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
Cyph
Macka
admeister
some.... wombo just reversed into me at the shop carpark.

she got out to check the damage and, i thought, exchange information, but instead she just hopped back in and drove off - through the empty bay in front of her...

so yeah... perhaps no damage to her POS Hyundai Accent, but my car sustained scratched paint and a cracked rear bumper.

i thought i managed to photograph her number plate, but for some reaosn my phone didn't save the image...

ffs.

why didn't she just pull forwards in the first fking place?

My Play-Asia Affiliate Link.
Trade $poons with user View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website
ThunderCurls

$poons: 9.80
australia.gif

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:18 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
You didn't follow her...? You just watched her drive away into the sunset?
ObsoletE

australia.gif

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:45 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
No chase.

a lot of that was because i was, quite frankly, stunned that she was just driving off. i'm surprised i even had the presence of mind to try photograph her numberplate, even if that didn't do me any good. (i would've been better off trying to simply remember the number, instead of relying on technology. i do have a partial, and i have a good description of the driver, passenger and the car itself.)

and then she had the benefit of being able to drive off forwards, instead of having to get back into the car, start it, reverse out of the bay, and get into the direction she left via.

so no, i just called the police and twiddled my thumbs while they told me i'd have to fill out the crash report online.

Trade $poons with user View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website
ThunderCurls

australia.gif

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:47 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

You mean there wasn't a conviently placed cab to which you could run, jump inside and shout 'FOLLOW THAT CAR'?

My god...
ObsoletE

australia.gif

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:53 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
mikezilla2
ThunderCurls
thanks for the laugh, i needed it.

so fking pssed off.

ThunderCurls

australia.gif

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 5:40 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

The thing that most frustrates me is my brother. He honestly thinks he can just do whatever he likes and either deal with the consequences later or just ignore the fact that there will be any. I remember when I looked up a list of symptoms of narcissistic personality disorder, it was insane going through the list having it basically describe my brother perfectly.

He treats my mother like absolute dirt, takes complete advantage of her. I'm not sure whether mostly growing up without our father in our lives is the cause (not sure if this is sexist or not), but it just seems like he thinks she is a joke. She never really disciplined either of us.

The latest thing that really pisses me off is that she has kicked him (and his girlfriend) out of her home because she is just basically fed up with his shit. He actually had the nerve to come back after being told to leave, and get this, take HER Xbox 360 WITH HIM. She even had to hide it, which she shouldn't have had to do in the first place. She really doesn't deserve it, considering all that she has done and sacrificed for us.

The worst part though, is that she lets him walk all over her.

/end rant
Puddingfork

$poons: 209.15
ussr.gif

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:23 am Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think it would because you grew up without a father, personalities are rarely due to individual things. You obviously turned out fine, I treat my Mum fine (after growing up mostly without a father) and apparently Denny doesn't even have a father that exists (some say he's the second coming of Jesus) and from what I can tell he treats his Mum damn fine too.

To me it just sounds like he's a dick and an idiot, his stupidity will bite him on the arse sooner or later and hopefully he ends up in the gutter, selling his body to us to survive. yee

Unofficial PALGN Ventrilo Server 203.14.173.58:5704
Trade $poons with user View users profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Guffers

$poons: 62.60

blank.gif

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 2:12 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
I'm not exactly thrilled that I've bought LA Noire for my laptop and it won't run because Nvidia Optimus is not currently supported.

Also I've got Skyrim running great at a mixture of Medium/High but it keeps dumping me back to the desktop every hour or so.

I've just recently returned to PC gaming and am finding it a little frustrating so far. It never seems to be as simple as installing then playing. icon_smile.gif
Esposch

$poons: 62.00
zimbabwe.gif

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 4:25 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
It is for desktop owners. icon_razz.gif

blank.gif

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:28 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
Hehe fair call. icon_smile.gif
XtremeXfactor

$poons: 180.40

blank.gif

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:48 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
Have been asked the question as to why i still copy things to dvd / blu-ray disc, when an external hdd can do the job. Wasting discs, wasting time etc.

I answered them wayyyyyy back then (about 12 months ago) that it was to have another back up, you never know if/when the external hdd will fail.

Well i have experienced my first external hdd failure, i am rather annoyed by it.... even if it's just a fact of life not knowing when they will fail. I only had it for a year and a half (purely for use with the WDTV device). Actually makes me wonder if all of the file seeking gradually wore it out. It is odd as i often went months without using it. Which makes me kind paranoid about all of the other external hdd's i have purchased over the last 12 months.... that are sitting around doing nothing after i had i transferred my "data" on them.
Trade $poons with user View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
Cyph

$poons: 716.80
australia.gif

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:31 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
mikezilla2
ObsoletE wrote:
some.... wombo just reversed into me at the shop carpark.

she got out to check the damage and, i thought, exchange information, but instead she just hopped back in and drove off - through the empty bay in front of her...

so yeah... perhaps no damage to her POS Hyundai Accent, but my car sustained scratched paint and a cracked rear bumper.

i thought i managed to photograph her number plate, but for some reaosn my phone didn't save the image...

ffs.

why didn't she just pull forwards in the first fking place?

Perth drivers... which shopping center? That is more or less fleeing the scene of an accident, make a police report and ask the shopping center for surveillance video, they may have some.
Jarrod

$poons: 369.60
australia.gif

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:43 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

oh my god the baby talk is back

i have made a terrible mistake moving here

Appel

$poons: 34.60
blank.gif

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:09 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
Guffers wrote:
I'm not exactly thrilled that I've bought LA Noire for my laptop and it won't run because Nvidia Optimus is not currently supported.

Also I've got Skyrim running great at a mixture of Medium/High but it keeps dumping me back to the desktop every hour or so.

I've just recently returned to PC gaming and am finding it a little frustrating so far. It never seems to be as simple as installing then playing. icon_smile.gif

You can blame Consoles for that. Everything is toned down as such and the developers just don't give the time of day to the PC ports like they used to.

$poons: 3.80
australia.gif

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:25 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
Some idiot on Facebook actually posted

"R.I.P (name here) <3.
Like if you would cry if you saw this."

That has to be the most obnoxious thing I've ever seen. Ugh it pisses me off way more than it should, stupid attention seeking whores. And the worst part is, so far it has 17 likes :\
Trade $poons with user View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website MSN Messenger
efo

$poons: 313.30
turkey.gif

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:34 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
Guffers wrote:

is it possible that it's overheating or anything like that? cause my laptop used to do that, then i got a cooling pad and now everything is working really well and now games just stay on and i just play em icon_biggrin.gif

$poons: 838.60

blank.gif

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:21 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
Jarrod
mikezilla2
Karai Pantsu
Jarrod wrote:
oh my god the baby talk is back

i have made a terrible mistake moving here

Kill them in their sleep. It is perfectly justifiable.
mikezilla2

$poons: 588.60

blank.gif

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:09 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
Jarrod
Smurf80
[quote="Jarrod"]oh my god the baby talk is back

i have made a terrible mistake moving here[/quote]

mommas here do tell icon_eek.gif

do you think returning to your old name would help?

$poons: 261.60

australia.gif

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:50 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
mikezilla2
Jarrod
Big Pete
ive been waiting for the long return of eatchildren. After Denny changed his name back I got my hopes up, ill keep my fingers crossed....

Thanks to segax for the sig!
Till@

$poons: 112.20
australia.gif

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:57 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
G3ck0 wrote:
Some idiot on Facebook actually posted

"R.I.P (name here) <3.
Like if you would cry if you saw this."

That has to be the most obnoxious thing I've ever seen. Ugh it pisses me off way more than it should, stupid attention seeking whores. And the worst part is, so far it has 17 likes :\

If they're that much of an attention whore we can assume they have in excess of 500 friends. I think it's safe to say the opposite of a like (crying) would be remaining dry eyed and since so many people didn't like it we can only assume they wouldn't cry.

Not a bad result icon_razz.gif

Mrs Tweedy! The Chickens are revolting!
Guffers

blank.gif

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:03 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
efo wrote:
Guffers wrote:

is it possible that it's overheating or anything like that? cause my laptop used to do that, then i got a cooling pad and now everything is working really well and now games just stay on and i just play em icon_biggrin.gif

Nah I've been paying attention to temps and they are well within normal. I only just started to play around with overclocking today and still the heat was near or about 70 degrees. Is this within a safe range?

Its a brand new Dell Xps 17 that I've had for a month or so. The card is only a GT555m but it runs pretty much everything as long as I'm willing to compromise. icon_smile.gif

Skyrim on Medium/High sits in the high 40's in terms of frame rate with rare drops into the low 30's when going into some shops. The general store in Riverwood dumps the frame rate down every single time!

It sounds like this is a fairly common problem so I guess I'll wait for an official fix. I know Denny had figured out a work around but I'm not a PC ninja like him. icon_smile.gif
Guffers

blank.gif

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:03 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
Chop.

Last edited by Guffers on Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total
This forum is locked you cannot post, reply to or edit topicsThis topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies PAL Gaming Network Forum Index
-> General Forums, Archive