Home
Twitter
RSS
Newsletter
What game are you playing?
Goto page Previous 1, 2, 3 ... 431, 432, 433 ... 441, 442, 443 Next
This forum is locked you cannot post, reply to or edit topicsThis topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies PAL Gaming Network Forum Index
-> General Forums, Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic
Jeremy

$poons: 47.40
blank.gif

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:21 am Post subject: Reply with quote

So I've been playing Uncharted 3 for review... for which the embargo dropped this morning. It's more of a slow cooker than its predecessor, and the melee combat has an extra dimension to it. I haven't finished it yet, hence the lack of our review, but in short... If you're a fan of the series, you'll love Uncharted 3.

$poons: 119.20

blank.gif

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:28 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
better then 2?

$poons: 588.60

blank.gif

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:34 am Post subject: Reply with quote

slow cooker ?

can it cook rice ?

$poons: 348.20
australia.gif

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:36 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
mikezilla2
Cyph
Jeremy wrote:
If you're a fan of the series, you'll love Uncharted 3.

Question is... Are you a fan of the series? icon_wink.gif

$poons: 13.00
australia.gif

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:52 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
Benza
so, i'm playing Arkham City and enjoying it a heap, even though it hasn't 'grabbed' me yet like AA did.

the one thing i could say is i think i'd have enjoyed the game more if it were based on the 'Batman: No Man's Land' - either the whole arc itself, or even the novelization (which omitted Azrael & Superman from the whole 'shindig')

R.I.P. DEJA VU - 21/08/2010
R.I.P. Tanya - 16/04/2011
Trade $poons with user View users profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Jeremy

$poons: 47.40
blank.gif

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:56 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
chibiandy
admeister
mikezilla2
@Benza - where as U2 was much more 'in your face' from the get go, U3 seems like it's building up a lot more slowly towards something grand, so far. It's definitely not worse in any area though...

@fatpizza - I've enjoyed all three titles (except the supernatural element in 1) but I don't hold it up on the same pedestal as most of the gaming media icon_wink.gif

@mikezilla2 - OF COURSE IT DOES! IT'S UNCHARTED FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!... icon_razz.gif

blank.gif

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:07 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
FeralOni wrote:

the one thing i could say is i think i'd have enjoyed the game more if it were based on the 'Batman: No Man's Land' - either the whole arc itself, or even the novelization (which omitted Azrael & Superman from the whole 'shindig')

Honestly when I was watching my mate play through it and he told me it was in Gotham City after it had all been cut off I kind of assumed it was based on No Mans Land, but yeah a little disappointing to find out it wasn't.

$poons: 369.60
australia.gif

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:04 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

lol, movie games

/buys Uncharted 3 at launch

Trade $poons with user View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
Venom_TAG

$poons: 61.00

blank.gif

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:20 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
Batman: Arkham City and Skylanders icon_smile.gif

$poons: 0.80

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:00 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
IISpacebreakII
Gears of War 3... so good!
Trade $poons with user View users profile Send private message
Gamesta

$poons: 548.70
australia.gif

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:44 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
Just played some RE5.When it came out I found it enjoyable but very disappointing at the same time.Before it I probably hadn't played RE4 for years but playing RE5 after recently playing RE4 again makes RE5 a fairly terrible game.The controls didn't bother me back then but again, after recently playing RE4 I now find RE5's controls absolutely terrible.

At least the game still looks great.
Pagan's Mind

$poons: 4.40
australia.gif

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:46 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
jprockbelly
mikezilla2
Gamesta wrote:
Just played some RE5.When it came out I found it enjoyable but very disappointing at the same time.Before it I probably hadn't played RE4 for years but playing RE5 after recently playing RE4 again makes RE5 a fairly terrible game.

RE4 is just a far better game in every aspect. Better characters (Leon>Chris), boss designs, villains, story, locations... I could go on. Also the coop totally killed any sense of fear in the game. RE4 wasn't a very scary game but at least it had a foreboding atmosphere which RE5 lacked. I think the biggest problem is that Shinji Mikami didn't have anything to do with it. He brought the RE series back with the fourth game and RE5 just took the mechanics and wrapped it up in an average game.
Trade $poons with user View users profile Send private message
Gamesta

australia.gif

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:56 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
mikezilla2
Pagan's Mind
No need to tell me that icon_lol.gif RE4 times finished? Around 10+ times.RE5 times finished? Once.
byrnezy

$poons: 21.60

australia.gif

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:05 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
Batman AC
Amazing
Benza

blank.gif

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:19 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
Pagan's Mind
Pagan's Mind wrote:
Gamesta wrote:
Just played some RE5.When it came out I found it enjoyable but very disappointing at the same time.Before it I probably hadn't played RE4 for years but playing RE5 after recently playing RE4 again makes RE5 a fairly terrible game.

RE4 is just a far better game in every aspect. Better characters (Leon>Chris), boss designs, villains, story, locations... I could go on. Also the coop totally killed any sense of fear in the game. RE4 wasn't a very scary game but at least it had a foreboding atmosphere which RE5 lacked. I think the biggest problem is that Shinji Mikami didn't have anything to do with it. He brought the RE series back with the fourth game and RE5 just took the mechanics and wrapped it up in an average game.

My biggest problem with RE 5 was it just seemed like they had no idea what they were doing so they took all the good bits from RE 4 and repackaged em in a HD package... or at least that's what it looked like from the demo wich took a bit straight from RE 4 as it's example of the game play (Barricading the house from a zombie attack) which you do twice from memory in RE 4 and it's amazing. If that's there example of the best bit of the game to draw me in and it's a rehash of the last game then... yeah fuck that.

$poons: 127.80
australia.gif

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:43 am Post subject: Reply with quote

My problem with RE5 is that it was directed by Michael Bay. The last half of the game is non-stop explosions and nonsensical plot threads.

My favourite was when the plane landed on a lava flow, didn't melt, but instead managed to solidify the lava it was on in to cool rock five seconds later.

blank.gif

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:59 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
Quote:
didn't melt, but instead managed to solidify the lava it was on in to cool rock five seconds later.

wait.... seriously?

$poons: 127.80
australia.gif

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:13 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah. Don't ever play it through. That was actually the least frustrating part about the last 10 minutes. The game's supposed to be designed for co-op, but the only way we could work out how to kill the final boss was to let the AI take over the second player and show us exactly what scripted events needed to be triggered.

$poons: 10.60

blank.gif

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:04 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
i started RE5 again a few days ago, and played about an hour. one more hour and i've doubled my last shot. might not happen.

playing through rage right now. i really wanna like it. i really do, i just feel that they knew the game would sell well and people would love it that they didn't try to innovate in the game. sure there is a huge area with exploration and cars and all that gimicky shit, but all the stuff you have come to expect from the genre is missing. you can't jump, there's no map in the pause screen, you can only follow waypoints when it is to do with the mission, on the maps there are no signs to where shops and stuff are so you gotta just hope you remember where they were. the combat feels weird. it's all fast paced, but you move really slow. the hit-reg is pretty hit and miss, shoot through the enemy alot.

i know i rant about only the things i don't like but i just finished having a big sit down with it and couldn't get those points out of my head. i'll start thinking about all the things i like when i've had a break.

on another note, every single person my my FL is playing bf3. seems like i need it.
byrnezy

$poons: 21.60

australia.gif

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 10:05 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
Ok so playing through Batman AC an I am thouroughly enjoying it but it really has a Assassins Creed feel about it now, I mean I love AC but Batman AA made me feel like Bruce than what AC is atm, hopefuly things change but tbh if they keep going down this path I think AC Revelations will out shine it in the free roaming department!
nuahs

$poons: 78.70
australia.gif

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 5:57 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
byrnezy wrote:
Ok so playing through Batman AC an I am thouroughly enjoying it but it really has a Assassins Creed feel about it now, I mean I love AC but Batman AA made me feel like Bruce than what AC is atm, hopefuly things change but tbh if they keep going down this path I think AC Revelations will out shine it in the free roaming department!

I have to agree with the similar feel to AC. I get the exact same feeling from the game, but I think it comes from the way movement flows over the open world and the similarities between Batman and Ezio/Altair. The AC games are my favourite series of this generation though, so having a Batman game follow that path is not the worst thing that could happen. IMHO icon_biggrin.gif.

$poons: 3.20
australia.gif

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:40 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been playing Beat Hazard: Ultra the last couple of days. Oh man, what a way to waste time, you could easily just sit and play for hours. Really good stuff. I'm gonna go find my Catherine soundtrack CD soon and add the tracks from that. Those remixed symphonies will be FUN.
Trade $poons with user View users profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Gamesta

australia.gif

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:17 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
sobriquet835
sobriquet835 wrote:
I've been playing Beat Hazard: Ultra the last couple of days. Oh man, what a way to waste time, you could easily just sit and play for hours. Really good stuff. I'm gonna go find my Catherine soundtrack CD soon and add the tracks from that. Those remixed symphonies will be FUN.

That game is awesome.It's like a video game and a disco rolled into one with the music and all those lights flashing all over the place.
Jahanzeb

$poons: 7.40
australia.gif

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:32 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
Cody Giunta
Luketheman5

Now Playing:
Sonic Generations
Trade $poons with user View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
Zhou

$poons: 382.11
nigeria.gif

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:04 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
Disney Universe.

It's like getting elements of lbp (platforming and puzzle solving) and mashing them together with elements of kingdom hearts (disney chracter themed suits, the enemies kinda look like less threatening heartless)

My flickr
i7 930 | 6gb ddr3 Ripjaws 2000 | GTX 560 | 1tb 7200rpm WD |
This forum is locked you cannot post, reply to or edit topicsThis topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies PAL Gaming Network Forum Index
-> General Forums, Archive