Home
Twitter
RSS
Newsletter
Dark Souls
Goto page Previous 1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 37, 38, 39 Next
This forum is locked you cannot post, reply to or edit topicsThis topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies PAL Gaming Network Forum Index
-> General Forums, Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic
WarAdept

$poons: 62.50
blank.gif

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:22 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
The rat pack in the Depths was my old farming spot, but I felt like it was too slow and wanted a change of scenery. So off I go into the deep dark that is the Tomb of the Giants.

Still haven't given my embers to any of the blacksmiths. I don't trust the first one encountered in the Undead Parish, but I doubt that I need any divine weapons to finish the game, considering how hard my spells hit for at the moment.

Wish there was a better way of getting to the Demon Ruins. It's my best farming spot currently, but I loathe going through Blighttown. Speaking of which, I totally forgot I found the Hollow Tree but didn't explore further. Another thing to do before I go off to Sen's Fortress.
Trade $poons with user View users profile Send private message
David No.1

$poons: 87.80
australia.gif

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:30 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
Hrmm... Interesting. I know nothing of these Demon Ruins. I'm currently kind of farming the Valley of Drakes. 500souls each kill? How much is Demon Ruins giving? I'm currently level 40 with pretty average stats. I think I spread my points out too much. :S

Now Junkying: BlazBlue, Lost Odyssey, Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne
Stoneroth

$poons: 26.20
blank.gif

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:49 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
Demon Ruins give you 800 for pretty easy kills, much better than taking on Drakes. You will need to defeat Ceaseless Discharge first, disappointingly easy boss battle. (When you know what to do)

I've barely farmed yet, only when I'm a little under what I need to spend. I was being careless and managed to lose 18000 souls for good yesterday haha. Level 64 now.
Frozencry

$poons: 1628.10
australia.gif

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:54 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
18,000 eh?

I was invaded twice tonight in the catacombs. Lost 6 humanity, 45,000 souls and died another 4-5 times.

Then my world became cursed by a Gravelord servant.

Nightmare of a night. NG+ catacombs are brutal. Thankfully I did get where I wanted to be though and am now spreading misery into people's worlds as a gravelord.

Trade $poons with user View users profile Send private message Visit posters website MSN Messenger
David No.1

$poons: 87.80
australia.gif

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:56 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
Ohhh! Demon Ruins! Where I rang the 2nd bell... I totally forgot about that place. I'll probably go there now. I just finished killing the Stray Demon at the Undead Asylum. Good fun! icon_smile.gif

@Denny: Man, you are completely smashing this game! I'm always stuck looking for the next place to go.

I take it you'll be the one doing the review for Palgn? icon_wink.gif

Now Junkying: BlazBlue, Lost Odyssey, Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne
Frozencry

australia.gif

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:08 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
Yeah I'm handling it. A tonne of shit to write about for this game too. It's very special.

Also being a gravelord is slightly underwhelming. Very hard to get curses going in other players games when you're SL 120+. When it happens though, a lot of souls come your way.

Trade $poons with user View users profile Send private message Visit posters website MSN Messenger
OropherX

$poons: 390.60

blank.gif

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:55 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
Hmm i heard that queelaag witch boss soul can either be used for making the weapon she uses when she fights you or chaos sword. I guess this is further incentive to do a NG+ I gave both of my embers to undead parish smith. I hope that doesn't prevent me from making any of those 2 weapons.

australia.gif

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:58 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
OropherX wrote:
Hmm i heard that queelaag witch boss soul can either be used for making the weapon she uses when she fights you or chaos sword. I guess this is further incentive to do a NG+ I gave both of my embers to undead parish smith. I hope that doesn't prevent me from making any of those 2 weapons.

There's a smith in Anor Londo that will make soul weapons for you. All you need is the correct standard weapon upgraded to +10 to then upgrade to the soul weapon.

OropherX

blank.gif

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:18 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
Just got this email from bookdepository:

I'm very sorry to advise your pre-order for Dark Souls - The Official Guide has been delayed.
Due to exceptional popularity our suppliers have been unable to meet the demand created and they have been forced to give us a new release date of 11th November.
To work out your new delivery date please add the number of shipping days for your country:

I knew the book sold in the millions =p

$poons: 77.00

greece.gif

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:42 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
I got it, yesterday via my friend, which came from ozgameshop. I'm a knight and spent a long time clearing out the graveyard to the left killed all the skeletons except the giant one! (tip heavy attack skeleton break up and reform allowing you to circle around and hit again).

I made it up to the sun guy near the bridge with the dragon and had to turn off, as I have work today! (2:16am).

Question: Is there somewhere to store items like in Demon's souls?

FYI: Knight is strong in attack, but slow in movement.

PSN: Alepou

Last edited by Xtra on Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total
Windburn

$poons: 222.60
italy.gif

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:40 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
Hey guys, I'm at SL25 or so, as a Wanderer going for a more melee focused build (albeit, I absolutely MUST have medium roll), and I'm a bit puzzled about armour in general.

I can't find anything better than my Wanderer armour, not even the black leather armour set I picked up in Lower Undead Berg can match it. Is this just the way of the game, will I be coming across better armour anytime soon, or should I start investing in upgrades for my starter gear?

Or am I totally missing something about armour in general?

$poons: 448.60
australia.gif

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:42 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
Xtra
Xtra wrote:
Question: Is there somewhere to store items like in Demon's souls?

when you get into the depths you can buy a bottomless box to manage your inventory at bonfires
Trade $poons with user View users profile Send private message Send email MSN Messenger
Frozencry

australia.gif

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:54 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
Mike\
Windburn wrote:
Hey guys, I'm at SL25 or so, as a Wanderer going for a more melee focused build (albeit, I absolutely MUST have medium roll), and I'm a bit puzzled about armour in general.

I can't find anything better than my Wanderer armour, not even the black leather armour set I picked up in Lower Undead Berg can match it. Is this just the way of the game, will I be coming across better armour anytime soon, or should I start investing in upgrades for my starter gear?

Or am I totally missing something about armour in general?

What are you looking at to compare them?

Wanderer's armour is light but generally pretty weak (though iirc it's fairly curse resistant), its damage reduction percentages aren't very good especially when you get hit hard. So yes, there are a number of better armour varients out there for medium-movers.

Also if you're planning on melee focus with pyro, endurance is the most important stat to level. Your stamina maxes out at 40 and your equip load never maxes until 99, so it'll help you immensely by giving you more equip load to play with so you can move faster with better armour, and also increase stamina so you can compensate for potentially low stability ratings on a shield.

Also a lot of people don't seem to know this, but pyromancy flame DOES NOT scale with any stat, including intelligence. The only way you upgrade the damage on your pyromancy flame is by upgrading the flame glove itself. There are three vendors who can do this, and you can get it to a maximum of +15.

Stoneroth

$poons: 26.20
blank.gif

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:26 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
Xtra wrote:
(tip heavy attack skeleton break up and reform allowing you to circle around and hit again).

This only works if your weapon has enough force.

Really enjoyed the Four Kings boss fight, very emersive. Is there anything in the Abyss? haha. I was pretty tempted to run off into the void, but turned back when the bonfire was barely visible.

Also made it to Lost Izalith and took out some of the demons, it looks like I'm going to face Seath the Scaleless next. :S
Frozencry

australia.gif

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:57 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
Stoneroth wrote:
Xtra wrote:
(tip heavy attack skeleton break up and reform allowing you to circle around and hit again).

This only works if your weapon has enough force.

Really enjoyed the Four Kings boss fight, very emersive. Is there anything in the Abyss? haha. I was pretty tempted to run off into the void, but turned back when the bonfire was barely visible.

Also made it to Lost Izalith and took out some of the demons, it looks like I'm going to face Seath the Scaleless next. :S

There is something in the Abyss after killing the Four Kings, though I don't know if you can acquire it if you don't meet specific conditions. It's to do with a covenant.

OropherX

blank.gif

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:22 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
made first pyromancy vendor go to his doom in blight town, killed 2nd by mistake, 3rd won't show up, guess I can't upgrade my damage in this playthrough :/

$poons: 61.00
blank.gif

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:42 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
I had a day off today and managed to finish off Queelag and also complete Sen's Fortress - nasty place that. A quick question regarding what happens after Sen's Fortress to those that have gone this far...

Possible minor spoilers wrote:
After defeating Iron Golem and examining the circle of light I got dragged to Anor Londo. I Was wondering whether it was possible to get back afterwards, or whether I'm finished with the areas behind me (and therefore cannot continue)? It would be frustrating if I couldn't get back because I still had some areas I wanted to explore... :/

Frozencry

australia.gif

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:11 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
embersilvermoon
Ember: you can go back, just talk to the Gargoyle thing where you're dropped off.

WarAdept

blank.gif

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:11 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
Despite Pyromancy not scaling, I find it much better for general use over Sorcery, especially if you're a pure mage. Purely because of Combustion/Greater Combustion.

It's basically the melee attack for mages, with plenty of charges and still does a tremendous amount of damage.

Started to raise my Faith a little so I can actually use Miracles, yet using the Talisman that scales with Int. Rocking out my triple mage spec and loving every second.

Got through Tomb of the Giants (the majority of it), until I encountered a red mist door, just like in Demon Ruins. I guess I have to progress the story until I can unlock these areas. I'm planning to go to the Hollow Tree Trunk again, or is there another one of these bloody doors that will bar my exploration expedition?
Frozencry

australia.gif

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:06 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
No orange doors in The Great Hollow, and at the bottom of it if you get through, you'll encounter a covenant.

Just took down three Lords and now am heading to Lost Izalith, then the final boss again. Kinda rushing down most stuff atm to get to NG++ cos of some NPCs I killed.

Meanwhile, I now have a good assortment of powerful Lightning Weapons. Have a Lightning Zweihander +4 that does 780 base damage. Mix that with the crystal shield and I'll pump 1.2k out of most enemies.

That being said, I still get absolutely destroyed by the beasts down at Tomb of the Giants and a couple of other areas. NG+ is brutal in damage output.

Also, Japanese pvpers are the worst bunch of players in the game. Every single invasion/fight I've had that resulted in the other player using every overpowered item possible or glitches, has been japanese. Confirmed it through checking their profile.

So annoying, fucking plague of cheesy players abusing exploits.

Cyph

$poons: 716.80
australia.gif

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:37 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
^ Fixable via patch exploits?
Frozencry

australia.gif

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:12 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
Cyph
Yeah, they're confirmed to be fixed very soon. Once they're fixed, it'll be pretty funny PVPing those guys again because they are genuinely terrible without the exploits.

WarAdept

blank.gif

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:57 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
So I gained a large amount of Pyromancer spells recently, only to find out that the Chaos variants are currently bugged and do not scale with Humanity at all. Better off using the normal version.

Also Firestorm is rubbish in Dark Souls compared to Demon. Don't expect serious cheese from it, stick to Fire Orb.
OropherX

blank.gif

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:19 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
I want that fire whip move, it sounds awesome.

blank.gif

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:41 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
Fire Whip is an extended version of Combustion. It's basically a very short range flamethrower which uses 21 charges for a full cast. The character casts it in a oval motion in front of him. It's stronger than Greater Combustion, it has the possibility of hitting twice on the same mob, and it obviously has larger range.

However, it's doesn't come out as fast and the actual casting animation is dangerously long for something that needs to be cast at close range.

I'm still experimenting with it and trying to find a good use for it. However, I may just stick to stacking several (Greater) Combustion scrolls in the long run.

The Chaos variants have one good upside at the moment, in that they leave puddles of lava for extra damage after the spell hits. Quick tests show that they do about 30-33% of the damage of a full hit of the spell they are based from, so it's great for Chaos Fireball. Not sure if I'll use it over Great Fireball since it does take up an extra slot.
This forum is locked you cannot post, reply to or edit topicsThis topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies PAL Gaming Network Forum Index
-> General Forums, Archive