Home
Twitter
RSS
Newsletter
Memoirs of a PAL RPG gamer. (News/releases/etc)
Goto page Previous 1, 2, 3 ... 205, 206, 207 ... 236, 237, 238 Next
This forum is locked you cannot post, reply to or edit topicsThis topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies PAL Gaming Network Forum Index
-> General Forums, Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic
Priscilla

$poons: 113.60
australia.gif

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:54 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
OropherX wrote:
what was your completion time for HN?

I couldn't say for sure but I easily put 40 hours into it as I had a couple of ten hour plus sessions on it. icon_redface.gif

All these new games coming out are making me cry! I'm kind of glad I don't have a 3DS yet and that the Vita is still coming. They both have great lineups!

Also I started playing Qoga. I am finding it hard to like it. I'm not far at all. Just got Saki back the first? time. When they are going to wipe the city anyway. Or something along those lines. Does it pick up? Right now I am finding it hard to stomach the 'taking my clothes off makes me stronger!!1!' is there more to it than that?

$poons: 369.60
australia.gif

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:02 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
Robo
admeister
Jahanzeb
Jahanzeb wrote:
We're never getting TWEWY 2 are we.

>: (

Apparently Square's handheld team that worked on TWEWY is now working on Kingdom Hearts 3DS, and are on quite a tight schedule or something. Plus some of the original TWEWY staff got absorbed by some other team at Square.

I was under the impression TWEWY was successful, and considering this is Square I'm surprised they didnt take it out for another spin. Maybe after KH3DS is done.

Unless KH3DS bombs, in which case Square will probably just close that studio down.

Trade $poons with user View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
Pagan's Mind

$poons: 4.40
australia.gif

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:13 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
admeister
Priscilla wrote:
Does it pick up? Right now I am finding it hard to stomach the 'taking my clothes off makes me stronger!!1!' is there more to it than that?

I think it does once you get access to diving into each heroines cosmosphere (my favorite part of the game). Finnel and Tyria are much more likeable than Saki.
Trade $poons with user View users profile Send private message
Priscilla

australia.gif

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:16 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
Pagan's Mind wrote:
Priscilla wrote:
Does it pick up? Right now I am finding it hard to stomach the 'taking my clothes off makes me stronger!!1!' is there more to it than that?

I think it does once you get access to diving into each heroines cosmosphere (my favorite part of the game). Finnel and Tyria are much more likeable than Saki.

I've only dived once so far so that's something to look forward to then icon_smile.gif.

$poons: 390.60

blank.gif

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:59 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
admeister
you really should play Ar Tonelico I and II first <_< but oh well save the best for class. I bought a 2nd copy of Ar Tonelico II, I like it that much. AT Qoga is very very slow. Game only really pics up towards the end of phase 2 and if you screw up a boss fight in phase 3 then you'll finish the game without realising there's a phase 4 where all the major plot lines and revelations are. Does the stripping aspect of the game offend you as a girl? =p

I read in the english Ar Tonelico book that fans complained that the AT1 and AT2 characters were too similar (I don't think so O_o) so they made Saki like the opposite of Luca. I didn't like that decision as Saki is anime stereotyped like crazy whereas Luca was a more believable character you could relate to - my primary reason for liking AT2 the most of the 3, the characters were more believable.

That being said I now feel like spending another 4 hours on Qoga to get the last 2 trophies and see my platinum =D

$poons: 977.20
australia.gif

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:51 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
Some of you will be interested in this news. Tales of the Abyss is getting remade for the 3DS and is due next year.

"Tales of the Abyss, which was originally released almost five years ago for the PlayStation 2, is considered by many to be the best entry in the Tales of series. For those who've never had a chance to play this RPG gem, Tales of the Abyss is getting its very own 3DS remake, which should hit store shelves sometime early next year. Though it might be awhile before gamers can get their hands on this title, I've had the chance to play an early version of the game over the past couple of days. From what I've seen so far, fans of the franchise should be excited.

For those who played the original, the battle system has been left untouched. It's a unique combination of turn-based battles and real-time attacks, making for an experience that's all its own. With this new version, you can now assign skills to the bottom screen for easy access, making battles much more fast and fluid. The addition of stereoscopic 3D also adds more depth to the battles and to the world itself, making for a more visually appealing experience than ever.

Though I've only begun to dive into the adventure, I'm already pleased with the improvements I've noticed so far. The game looks great in 3D, and the artwork of Kousuke Fujishima is a nice touch. Loading times also seem to be much quicker than they were on the original PS2 version, which is always a plus.

Tales of the Abyss for the 3DS marks the first time this game will see a release on a Nintendo platform, and from what I've seen this port does great justice to the original. The improvements are small but go a long way in perfecting the game as a whole. Fans of the game should be excited, and those who have been waiting for the right time to jump into this series need wait no longer. "

http://au.ds.ign.com/articles/119/1194737p1.html

PSN: ANDYBALLINA1
Trade $poons with user View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
Priscilla

australia.gif

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:18 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
I would have played the series from the start but I've never been able to find PAL copies that I could afford. They are on my to buy list. I'll just have to play them out of order :l.

Hm, nope! It doesn't offend me because I'm a girl. The odd pant shot isn't missed on me as I'm generally more attracted to females anyway.
It just seems.. Over the top I guess! It's just seedy icon_razz.gif

$poons: 982.80
australia.gif

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:26 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
Priscilla wrote:
It just seems.. Over the top I guess! It's just seedy icon_razz.gif

It's interesting to hear you say that, since Hyperdimension Neptunia was the last game you finished. That game had its fair share of seediness! icon_lol.gif Still, I do agree that Qoga takes that ball and runs with it a bit, but it's all in good fun! The Purging is a vital part of the gameplay, and ties in fairly strongly with the Cosmosphere section. As always the Cosmospheres are great, they're like a game within a game.

"The first person to prove that cow's milk is drinkable was very, very thirsty." - Fact Sphere.
Priscilla

australia.gif

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:33 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
OropherX
admeister
That's true! To be honest I didn't find Hyperdimension Neptunia that bad at all! Maybe because it was humerous? The seedy parts made me laugh while in Qoga it just seems.. Strange! Though if it does tie in nicely that's great! I played it a bit longer today and the story is starting to draw me in, so that's great icon_smile.gif!
The game I beat before Hyp was Catherine. Which is also.. Strange but I loved it. So I don't know why I find Qoga so bizarre. :l

$poons: 131.40
australia.gif

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:35 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
ANDYBALLINA wrote:
Some of you will be interested in this news. Tales of the Abyss is getting remade for the 3DS and is due next year.

Is SUPPOSED to be due in PAL 10 November (Japan expo 2011 http://www.abyssalchronicles.com/?fn_mode=comments&fn_id=665) with NTSC release Q1 2012. Tying to find a confirmed pre-order is difficult though, which is a worry with (in theory) less than 8 weeks till release....

Last edited by emech on Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total
Trade $poons with user View users profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
ANDYBALLINA

$poons: 977.20
australia.gif

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:43 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
emech wrote:
ANDYBALLINA wrote:

Is SUPPOSED to be due in PAL in November (was announced by namco over 6 months ago) with NTSC release Q1 2012. Tying to find a confirmed pre-order is difficult though, which is a worry with (in theory) 8 weeks or so till release....

Oh OK, didn't know that. Sorry.

PSN: ANDYBALLINA1
emech

$poons: 131.40
australia.gif

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:47 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
^^ wasn't a criticism of you icon_smile.gif I suspect that all the US forum complaints about the early EU release MAY have resulted in a delay to match release dates. Until Namco annonces something...... a shame as I was hopeing it would be the xmas release that finally justifies my purchase of a PAL 3DS (especially as we don't get SMT:overclocked)

Trade $poons with user View users profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
admeister

australia.gif

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 4:11 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
Priscilla wrote:
So I don't know why I find Qoga so bizarre. :l

Well, I guess it's not every day that you come across a game which features stripping as a core element of the gameplay. icon_lol.gif

"The first person to prove that cow's milk is drinkable was very, very thirsty." - Fact Sphere.
Priscilla

australia.gif

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 4:23 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
admeister wrote:
Priscilla wrote:
So I don't know why I find Qoga so bizarre. :l

Well, I guess it's not every day that you come across a game which features stripping as a core element of the gameplay. icon_lol.gif

Too true!

EB Games has changed Totori to $69.95. That's really upsetting.

blank.gif

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 5:03 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
Neku from The Worlds Ends With You is a cameo in Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance =D

$poons: 369.60
australia.gif

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 5:28 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

First footage of KH3D is out, courtesy of GameSpot.

admeister

australia.gif

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:35 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Good news, everyone! Nippon Ichi Software America have confirmed that they're localising Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention for PlayStation Vita, known as Disgaea 3: Return in Japan, as well as Hyperdimension Neptunia Mk2 for PlayStation 3, to North America and Europe!

Quote:
Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention is a PlayStation Vita port of the PlayStation 3 original Absence of Justice. It features new characters, scenario, and systems. It will release in spring 2012.

Hyperdimension Neptunia Mk2 is a sequel to last year’s Hyperdimension Neptunia, this time starring Neptune’s younger sister Nepgear. It will also launch in spring 2012.

Does Spring mean that Disgaea will be a Vita launch title over here? I hope so. icon_smile.gif

Edit: Even better news! Ni No Kuni is getting a localisation! icon_smile.gif

Quote:
While Japan will be getting the PS3 version of the Level-5 and Studio Ghibli RPG collaboration known as Ninokuni on November 17, no one knew whether an English version would be made. RPG fans and Studio Ghibli enthusiasts can now rejoice as Ninokuni: Shiroki Seihai no Joou (subtitled "Queen of the White Ashes") for the PS3 will be out in North America in early 2012.

English-speaking players will get their fantasy RPG fix next year.

During the Sony Computer Entertainment Asia press conference on September 16 held near Tokyo Game Show 2011's venue, Level-5 president Akihiro Hino mentioned during an interview panel that an English version of the game is in production right now as well as announced the above release window of the title. This PS3 version of the game starts off the same as the DS version, but the story is told differently after the game's midpoint. According to Hino, the PS3 will have additional story content that will pick off where the DS version ended. The game will also feature downloadable content post-release, but Hino can't make an official announcement about it until a later date.

In the game, players control Oliver, a 13-year old boy who is transported into the world called Ninokuni which is a parallel reality of his own world. He is on a quest to revive his recently-deceased mother and is accompanied by a male fairy called Shizuku. The game is an RPG, in which combat is settled in turn-based format.

mikezilla2

$poons: 588.60

blank.gif

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 2:37 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
the_spensa
that is fantastic news - now bring on dark cloud 3 level 5 !

$poons: 7.40
australia.gif

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 3:00 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
admeister
Hopefully the DS version follows!

Now Playing:
Sonic Generations
mikezilla2

$poons: 588.60

blank.gif

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 3:32 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
topaz
Jahanzeb wrote:
Hopefully the DS version follows!

why not get a PS3 and enjoy the extra chapters - ps3plug/jahanzeb icon_razz.gif

relevant thread.

http://www.1up.com/features/japanese-games-breaking-west

australia.gif

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 5:53 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

To celebrate the announcement of Ni No Kuni's localisation, here's a couple of new gameplay videos!

Walking around town:

Battle:

I have to say, the game really captures Studio Ghibli's style well. icon_smile.gif

On an interesting note, we've got an announcement of a new Disgaea game. Disgaea: Netherworld Unbound is coming exclusively to Android powered mobile phones later this year.

Quote:
Disgaea: Netherworld Unbound marks the publisher's entry into the mobile phone market, and while based on the first game in the series -- originally released on the PlayStation 2 and later ported to PSP and Nintendo DS -- it will, for the first time, be free-to-play and supported by in-game transactions. It's due to be released in the U.S. in late 2011.

Haru Akenaga, president of NIS America, told Gamasutra that his company has had its eye on the mobile space for some time. Development of the game was pushed for by the U.S. branch.

The business model is like other online games, says Akenaga: "if you want to get more items or power, you will be charged to download," though he stressed that 30 percent or more of the game is totally free to play from the outset.

I'm not sure how I feel about this. It's an interesting idea, that's for sure, but is it a good idea? I also wonder if there's any chance of the game making it over here...

There's a few screenshots around:

Edit:
Neku in action in Kingdom Hearts 3DS!

Quote:
Sora calls out for Riku, but meets Neku Sakuraba from The World Ends With You instead. Neku jumps down from the roof a building and explains his situation. Just like the Nintendo DS game, he’s trapped in a game and shows Sora the timer on his hand. He needs a partner to play and Sora, kind as usual, offers to help. I thought this would be the perfect point to add Neku to Sora’s group. Surprisingly, Neku rejects Sora saying he’s weird. Determined to help, Sora chases after Neku.

Whether he'll end up being a party member or not is still a mystery.

OropherX

blank.gif

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 8:39 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

New Suikoden game announced!!! I don't see Konami localising it though since it's PSP and too many cheap bastards pirate PSP games.

I hope this title goes back to the main Suikoden world, as there's a whole massive continent to the west which hasn't had a game to yet.

$poons: 719.80

blank.gif

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:01 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
admeister
Nino kuni is bloody amazing. Love the visuals, the overworld and the character/world design.

blank.gif

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:32 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
Jessara
heh I was just reading EBGame's facebook question about gamer girls. Good to see most girls saying RPGs is their main pick. I even saw Priscilla make a post on there =p

australia.gif

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:20 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
Jessara
I'm not surprised. Most female gamers I've talked to list RPGs as their favourite genre. From what they've said, they really enjoy a well told story and strong characters, it seems. icon_smile.gif

This forum is locked you cannot post, reply to or edit topicsThis topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies PAL Gaming Network Forum Index
-> General Forums, Archive