Home
Twitter
RSS
Newsletter
Which was the last game you finished?
Goto page Previous 1, 2, 3 ... 104, 105, 106 ... 118, 119, 120 Next
This forum is locked you cannot post, reply to or edit topicsThis topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies PAL Gaming Network Forum Index
-> General Forums, Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic
emwearz

$poons: 92.60
australia.gif

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:20 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
Furianshi
Vanquish - 360

I started this game months ago, got the the start of Chapter 4 and then just didn't get back to it until last weekend, had I known Chapter 4 was tiny and Chapter 5 was pretty much just two boss fights I would have finished it sooner (Chapter 1,2,3 comprise the bulk of the game in terms of time).

Really solid third person shooter with that 'Sega' feel to it, highly recommend it (and I normally don't like this kind of game). Fairly good story, but its the gameplay that really holds it together.

I liked how the credits was a game of asteroids.
Trade $poons with user View users profile Send private message
Gamesta

$poons: 548.70
australia.gif

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:10 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

DragonBall Revenge of King Piccolo.

Very basic side-scrolling beat em up/platformer but still fun for me to play at least.

Not much to the game but for $20 I can't complain.

It has some of the cool music from the PS2 games and cool music made for this game.
mrpookles

$poons: 62.60
australia.gif

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:06 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
admeister
mikezilla2
PixieGirl
Infamous 2

More or less identical to the first, but they're both games that just get open world 'right' for me. The story was weaker than the first, but I thought the (good) ending was great.

The blast shards were way too easy to find compared to the first, though. Pretty much found 95% of them through general play.

Portal 2

Way better than the first. I liked the first one, but I wasn't part of the "best game eva" crew. I thought this shit all over it, although it was probably much easier overall.
Priscilla

$poons: 113.60
australia.gif

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:53 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
admeister
Emilbus
I just beat Recettear last night. On my first loop I was behind by 200k on the last payment but on this one I had two million on the second week.
It was an awesome game! icon_biggrin.gif

$poons: 548.70
australia.gif

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:43 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Medal of Honor (PS3)

I really enjoyed the campaign. It had some really great music in some of the more serious/dangerous parts.The game was intense in some parts.

I never got sick of getting headshots and actually really liked that a headshot icon popped up whenever you did one. It feels so damn good when you shoot and enemy from 200 metres away and only know that you got a headshot because the game tells you so.

Played it online last night and surprisingly I was good at it pretty much right off the bat.I thought I would be terrible at it seeing as I'm more of a longer kill/death person. I found Homefront very hard to play because of how quickly you die but I don't have much of a problem with this game even though it's also a game where you die very quick.

Overall I give this game an 8/10.
byrnezy

$poons: 21.60

australia.gif

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:29 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
Mortal Kombat, finished the story mode last night, man SHao Kahn is a tough mother
Benza

$poons: 119.20

blank.gif

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:48 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
byrnezy wrote:
Mortal Kombat, finished the story mode last night, man SHao Kahn is a tough mother

Howd you end up beating him? After like my millionth try I realised you can just stand back and shoot lighting balls at him constantly and he can't do shit.

$poons: 1628.10
australia.gif

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:50 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
^That didn't work for me. I ended up teleporting a whole lot and comboing him on his downtimes after some attacks that are blockable.

He was an annoying son of a bitch.

Trade $poons with user View users profile Send private message Visit posters website MSN Messenger
Benza

blank.gif

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:01 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
I think I got lucky the time I did manage to beat him, because I'd tried spamming the same attack before and it didn't work, then the time it did work he was just hilarious incompetent.

australia.gif

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:55 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
Benza wrote:
byrnezy wrote:

Howd you end up beating him? After like my millionth try I realised you can just stand back and shoot lighting balls at him constantly and he can't do ****.

Yea I done that with Lu Kang, but didn't work with Raiden as he seemed much harder an smarter.
I teleported behind him an XXO back forward X
Flalwess victory the first round haha an trust me I'm a fair noob on MK, much more of a tekken fighter

Anyone still playing online my psn is byrnezy_07
emwearz

australia.gif

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:37 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
mikezilla2
Penny Arcade Adventures: On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness - Episode 1 - PC

A really fun, short RPG, I enjoyed it quite a bit, very simple and straight forward, it can be repetitive with most of the game, which went for around 4 hours, taking place between 2 locations with you having to backtrack and go to the same 2 locations over and over again.

The jokes in the game didn't make me laugh, but its odd enough to enjoy. It's a shame the episodes for such a high price because I am sure if they sold it for a lower price it would have been really successful. Shame only 2 of the 4 episodes got released.

These were like $1.80 for both during the Steam summer sale.
chickenplucka

$poons: 4.60
kazakhstan.gif

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:23 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
Island_Wolf
Just finished the Back to the Future game series. Was a great story. I enjoyed the whole thing. Each episode was between 90 - 120 minutes so there was at least 8 hours worth of Adventure gaming which is awesome.
I'd definitely recommend to anyone icon_smile.gif

blank.gif

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:21 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
byrnezy wrote:

I thought online was fucked?

$poons: 31.40

blank.gif

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:10 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
I just beat Bastion. The gameplay was pretty standard but the art-style was purty and the music pretty cool too. All put together it made for a worthwhile play. I'll probably play a new game+ now, the game is fairly short (around 6/8 hours) so that should add a bit more value.

If you've been interested in it I'd certainly recommend it.

$poons: 27.50
australia.gif

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:37 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
Finished a couple in the last few months finished bioshock 2, gow3, la noire, red dead some serious quality games. Bulletstorm sp campaign as wellbut not quite as impressive as the others. icon_smile.gif

$poons: 514.60
australia.gif

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:27 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Uncharted 2

Why the hell did I wait so long to play/finish this!?

I've had the game since release but just never got around to playing it until last week. Finished it last night and it was easily one of the best gaming experience I've had this generation. The action, puzzles and platforming was all well paced. The cinematics, environment and acting was brilliant. The visuals were amazing throughout the game. Playing through it in Crushing now and will be aiming to get all the trophies like I did in the first one.

Can't wait for Uncharted 3 now!

$poons: 348.20
australia.gif

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:14 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
Pilot
Benza
Jahanzeb
Finished Braid last night, although the attempt at a narrative was nothing but pretentious wank the game itself was great to play.
Definitely worth the $3.99 I paid for it.

australia.gif

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:48 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
Benza wrote:
byrnezy wrote:

I thought online was ****?

As long as you only play against NZ or AUS players its fine, jump in NZ or AUS rooms an it is fine!!
emwearz

australia.gif

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:24 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
Pagan's Mind
Child of Eden - 360

I played the game through using a controller and loved it, no I have not played it with Kinect, but feeling the vibration of the controller to me is a big part of the game.

I loved this game though it feels really repetitive by the time you unlock the last level (As you need to replay earlier levels to get enough stars to unlock the last).

Overall it is much like ReZ, though does not feel as 'amazing' as it did the first time I played ReZ, highly suggest you pick this up, if you were thinking about it, but didn't because you dont have a Kinect, it plays perfectly with a controller.
Pagan's Mind

$poons: 4.40
australia.gif

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:45 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
emwearz wrote:
Child of Eden - 360

I played the game through using a controller and loved it, no I have not played it with Kinect, but feeling the vibration of the controller to me is a big part of the game.

Playing with four vibrating controllers adds a whole new layer to the game. Luckily I had 3 extra controllers lying around and tried it out the other day, it was awesome.
Stringer72

$poons: 0.40

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:21 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
IISpacebreakII
This is going to sound so silly, but Harvest Moon:Mineral Town, for the GB SP Advance
bobboblaw

$poons: 116.80

australia.gif

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:33 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
mikezilla2
I played through Wolfenstein 2009 on PC, and... I thought it was pretty shit to put it bluntly. It's certainly functional and nothing is broken, but everything about it was just so uninspired and it became a slog to get through to the end, which is odd considering the game is under 5 hours. The hub worlds became a real pain in the ass near the end, continually having to backtrack through the same bland looking streets to kill the same respawning enemies over and over (though upgrading the shield power means you can usually sprint right by them). There's no incentive to really explore the hubs either. You get enough gold from missions to upgrade all your weapons, and I couldn't be bothered reading any of the Intel seeing as the story was pretty boring and pathetic. The missions were all bog-standard affairs, never really taking advantage of using the Veil powers in interesting ways. I didn't hate my time with it (I still finished it), but ultimately a forgettable experience. Singularity was a much better game from Raven.

Steam: bobboblaw
PixieGirl

$poons: 640.60
uk.gif

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:16 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
The Witcher 2

Great game, I enjoyed the first one more though. Surprisingly I preferred the fighting system in the first game, which is weird because I am more of a instant gratification kind of player, and Witcher 2 allows you to be much more hands-on with the fighting than in the first game. But I just found the way the first game played to feel much smoother. I also prefered the story in the first game and I prefered the moral choices, even though they were bigger choices in Witcher 2 and I know they make bigger differences in the game, I didn't really "feel" the differences if that makes sense. :/ I know if I played it through again I certainly would, but very few games I can play again right after I finish them and Witcher 2 isn't one of them. I probably wont play it again now until Witcher 3 is coming out. and in the first game I really got a bigger impression that my choices meant something. It's really hard to explain though. But I had a great time on this game anyway as I expected I would.

The game was so beautiful and it was a joy to play on high settings with my new upgrade. <3

Screenies I took with Steam:

Jarrod

$poons: 369.60
australia.gif

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 7:21 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
PixieGirl
I do agree with you about the choices. Its a bit odd, as they do have big impacts, but I didnt really find any of them difficult. The Witcher 2 never really put you in the middle of terrible situations where no option seemed favourable, which The Witcher did quite frequently. I almost always knew the path I wanted to play in The Witcher 2.

Anyway, did you chose Iorveth or Roche's path at the end of Chapter 1?

Trade $poons with user View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
PixieGirl

$poons: 640.60
uk.gif

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 7:25 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
Yes you explained it better than I did icon_smile.gif I felt that way too.

I chose Roche's path. Am I right in thinking that if you chose Iorveth's path you get an entirely different Chapter 2? (as in, whole different area and different quests)

Also was it just me or was Chapter 3 really short? There seemed to be no side quests at all that I could find except like 2 of them. icon_confused.gif So I just followed the main story mostly and it seemed to be over after a few hours and I was into the Epilogue.
This forum is locked you cannot post, reply to or edit topicsThis topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies PAL Gaming Network Forum Index
-> General Forums, Archive