Home
Twitter
RSS
Newsletter
E3 2011 Feature: Nintendo Wii U Hands-on
This forum is locked you cannot post, reply to or edit topics   This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    PAL Gaming Network Forum Index
   -> General Forums, Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jeremy

$poons: 47.40
blank.gif

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:12 pm    Post subject: E3 2011 Feature: Nintendo Wii U Hands-on Reply with quote

E3 2011 Feature: Nintendo Wii U Hands-on by Jeremy
Wii Feature: Impressions from the E3 demos.
[View Article]

Trade $poons with user View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website MSN Messenger
David No.1

$poons: 87.80
australia.gif

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
Well... I'm glad that it's comfortable and light on the hands. That was my first concern when I saw the thing. Definitely wont be throwing this controller in fits of gaming rage.

It would of been nice if it was say... PSP size or something, but meh. Cheers for the impression guys.

Now Junkying: BlazBlue, Lost Odyssey, Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne
Trade $poons with user View users profile Send private message
realitybites

$poons: 9.00

australia.gif

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
Think the big trick for Nintendo here is backwards compatibility. This will help developers and gamers play Wii games but as always Nintendo's biggest problem historically is getting the right amount of games on the Wii U to make the inertia of the purchase happen.

It is Nintendo after all so they confounded everybody last time by capturing a market they knew existed that wasn't catered for. Maybe the serious gamer will give Wii U the HD console of choice (assuming multiplayer environment is up to speed).
Esposch

$poons: 62.00
zimbabwe.gif

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
realitybites wrote:
Think the big trick for Nintendo here is backwards compatibility. This will help developers and gamers play Wii games but as always Nintendo's biggest problem historically is getting the right amount of games on the Wii U to make the inertia of the purchase happen.

It is Nintendo after all so they confounded everybody last time by capturing a market they knew existed that wasn't catered for. Maybe the serious gamer will give Wii U the HD console of choice (assuming multiplayer environment is up to speed).

I want HD in my BC.
If Nintendo can deliver that, I will buy it regardless of how crap the console is.

$poons: 6.20
australia.gif

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
^ Reggie confirmed it doesn't upscale Wii games. It's possible you could play some of them on the small screen somehow, which would probably make them easier on the eyes. Not sure if it really matters to you, though.

One hundred zeroes are better than one.
This forum is locked you cannot post, reply to or edit topics   This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    PAL Gaming Network Forum Index
   -> General Forums, Archive