Home
Twitter
RSS
Newsletter
Need Some Help With Networking
This forum is locked you cannot post, reply to or edit topicsThis topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies PAL Gaming Network Forum Index
-> General Forums, Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic
PRO_Snowboarder

$poons: 0.00
australia.gif

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 7:45 pm Post subject: Need Some Help With Networking Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
Hey Everyone
I've currently taken on the challenge of networking my house wireless, but before i can do so i need to establish a network with one of the laptops. My laptop is currently running Service pack 2 and has a built wireless. So far internet has been established with both the laptop and the host computer that being my mums computer. Networking the rest of the computers are easy, but problem is the host computer (being my mums) is running windows 98 SE and is the only printer in the house. So right now i am having trouble networking the computers so that the windows 98 SE computer will talk with the laptop. Right now the laptop detcts the other computer, but this does not apply vise versa. PLease help me out with a solution to this problem.

Johnh

$poons: 3.40
uk.gif

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 11:41 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
Buy an apple mac?

But seriously look for a router to share both printer and internet and look about buying your mum a new PC. 98 is awful. Good luck and post any news here.
ObsoletE

$poons: 34.20
australia.gif

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 12:27 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
i don't know if Win98 will ever detect WinXP since it is older... like how older versions of word don't like newer word version .docs

so basically, i think your only options are to make do, or upgrade to winxp

we have a win98 pc on our wireless network, which has 2 other pcs using winxp... same thing, the win98 PC doesn't see the winxp ones, but the winxp ones do see the win98 one... but since the only networking the win98 one does is the internet, it doesn't really matter to us...

My Play-Asia Affiliate Link.
Trade $poons with user View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website
themak

$poons: 3.40
uk.gif

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 10:15 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
If the printer is USB then you could use the apple air port (cheaper one) or any other wireless printer server.
This forum is locked you cannot post, reply to or edit topicsThis topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies PAL Gaming Network Forum Index
-> General Forums, Archive