Home
Twitter
RSS
Newsletter
Memoirs of a PAL RPG gamer. (News/releases/etc)
Goto page Previous 1, 2, 3 ... 154, 155, 156 ... 236, 237, 238 Next
This forum is locked you cannot post, reply to or edit topics   This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    PAL Gaming Network Forum Index
   -> General Forums, Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ZeroX03

$poons: 775.40
australia.gif

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Persona 3 Portable dated for Europe, 29th April! Woooo

Juicy big boobed sauce!

b+2,1 mindgames
Trade $poons with user View users profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Luketheman5

$poons: 487.60
australia.gif

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But Ozgameshop says the 15th, are they wrong? Suppose I better pre order anyways!

Now I got a question.

What do you guys think of the Dragon Quest series? I was discussing it with Kyle and I've only played the one for PS2, which I liked, but I remember it being a bit tough and unfortunately I never finished it.

But I've heard good things about the DS one and apparently a good Wii one is coming out soon, so what are your views on the series?

Now playing: Binary Domain
Now Replaying: Mass Effect 2
Trade $poons with user View users profile Send private message Send email MSN Messenger
OropherX

$poons: 390.60

blank.gif

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
Jessara
Pagan's Mind
P3P Collector's Edition and Final Fantasy IV Complete Collection then I can start to save up more of my income until Catherine in June... and the two White Knight Chronicles. What an indulging first quarter this has been =D

blank.gif

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol damn White Knight Chronicles 2 is exclusive to EB:
http://www.ebgames.com.au/ps3-153433-White-Knight-Chronicles-2-PlayStation-3

Sony as a publisher isn't generous with their RRP compared to say NISA and Koei so I guess I'll just ozgameshop it later.

Damn looking good. (Has some scenes from the ending of first game for light spoilers?) At least the knight captain dude looks like he's going to actually play a role in the story rather than wandering around being drunk in the first one =P
edit: sorry for double post forgot i posted.

$poons: 4.40
australia.gif

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luketheman5 wrote:
What do you guys think of the Dragon Quest series? I was discussing it with Kyle and I've only played the one for PS2, which I liked, but I remember it being a bit tough and unfortunately I never finished it.

But I've heard good things about the DS one and apparently a good Wii one is coming out soon, so what are your views on the series?

Dragon Quest VIII is the best game in the series for me but I've only played three Dragon Quest games (VIII, IV and IX). With that said, the other games are worth a look and I've heard very good things about DQV. Difficulty wise, VIII was a tough RPG especially the bosses. IV was tough too but manageable and IX was pretty easy but the bosses still pack a punch.

To me IX was a much different game to VIII and IV because it got rid of the character development of your party members. I think the charm of VIII was really built on having Yangus, Jessica and Angelo around but all that was thrown out in IX. It's great if you like to customize your characters and assign them jobs but I found the overall experience somewhat shallow. Still it's a decent RPG with a lot of stuff to do in it so I'd still recommend it.
Trade $poons with user View users profile Send private message
OropherX

blank.gif

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
Jessara
Pagan's Mind
Don't get the Dragon Quest on the wii - the masked queen one, that game is so garbage I can't even find it in me to sell it off here. I might just keep it to use the case for something. (no offense to anything who liked it, just so medicore when I played it).

$poons: 3.20
australia.gif

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DQ8 is among the best RPG's on PS2, IMO. As good as Persona 3/4 and a bit below FFX. Great characters. DQ9 was good, but the lack of character development was dissapointing. That said, it has an insane amount of value, there's still a heap to do in post game. Earlier DQ games than that I've only played remakes of, and they're all pretty solid. If you just want a JRPG to sink your teeth into, you can pretty much play any of the DQ games. They all seem to have tons of content, too, which I love.
Trade $poons with user View users profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Esperino

$poons: 102.00
australia.gif

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pagan's Mind wrote:
Yeah, pretty much didn't even need to pre-order at all. I could have just walked in and bought them anyway. They were still happy to take my deposit at the time though, I guess they don't really "reserve" them which I was lead to believe. Well, I know it's petty but I'll see about getting a refund tomorrow and I might grab the LE from the NISA store.

I pre-ordered both my copies of Neptunia and Ar Tonelico Qoga nearly a month before the release. I picked it up this weekend and they only had the Artbook for Ar Tonelico.

I asked them about Neptunia and they didn't know what I was talking about. Looked it up in the system, found it and will try to get me the artbook from Head Office.

The artbooks are slimmed down versions of the ones you would get from NIS America in their L/Es. Still pretty nice though, lots of pretty pictures. You can take a look at mine online later today icon_wink.gif

chibiandy wrote:
Trails in the Sky looks to be an instant buy for me.

@Pagan: That sucks, the EB Games I went to gave me the Art Book for Ar Tonelico 3 and are still waiting on the Neptunia Art Books from Head Office

Kind of annoying, I have no idea when or if I will be able to get a hold of the Neptunia artbook. Let me know if you do get one chibiandy icon_smile.gif

Luketheman5 wrote:
But Ozgameshop says the 15th, are they wrong? Suppose I better pre order anyways!

It was set for the 15th of April. Ghostlight jumped the gun and reconfirmed the date on Friday for the 29th of April. If you are going to preorder, don't forget to use the Coupon Code to get free shipping and 5 pounds off icon_wink.gif
OropherX

blank.gif

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah man Ar Tonelico 1 is such a tease. Even though I chose Misha's path I still bump into the other guys and the game hints at something else important happening while you're doing this path like something to do with a tornado, the church and Aurica... like 'don't forget to make a separate save file so you can find out about these events as well icon_wink.gif'

Also, lots of backtracking and random encounters makes me sad. I'm just running away now because I know I'm strong enough for the bosses... even though Misha's song magic has somehow gotten really weak and I don't use her except to drive the gauge, think I'm doing something wrong here, even if her energy ball charges up by 10 000% it's still weak.

Anyway at least I don't hear Aegis in Misha anymore since she
Quote:
went back to having boobs

$poons: 716.80
australia.gif

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
OropherX
I wonder if I should give WKC another try, I couldn't get into it the first time...
Cyph

australia.gif

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
Hmm.. are PSP games region locked? If I picked up a PSP while over in the states, can I use local Australia games on it? Or do I have to import everything?
LegionX

$poons: 38.60

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
admeister
Cyph
region free thankfully... which is rather useful for rpgs seeing as a number never get pal releases... icon_smile.gif
Cyph

australia.gif

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
Great! Now to find a place in the states with cheap PSPs!
Luketheman5

$poons: 487.60
australia.gif

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
Jessara
Kyle Clarthy
admeister
Well, looks like I will have to play Journey of the Cursed King when I get time, still have a lot to beat though and Uni doesn't help production rates.

Esperino, what website is that code for? because Ghostlight are selling it for roughly $60AUD while Ozgameshop sell it for $44 I believe.

Now playing: Binary Domain
Now Replaying: Mass Effect 2
Trade $poons with user View users profile Send private message Send email MSN Messenger
Esperino

$poons: 102.00
australia.gif

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
admeister
Luketheman5
Luketheman5 wrote:
Well, looks like I will have to play Journey of the Cursed King when I get time, still have a lot to beat though and Uni doesn't help production rates.

Esperino, what website is that code for? because Ghostlight are selling it for roughly $60AUD while Ozgameshop sell it for $44 I believe.

The Coupon Code works on the Official Ghostlight UK website. The difference is if you get it directly from Ghostlight you'll also get a bonus Persona 3 T-Shirt (I believe they are all size L). Comes to approximately $54 AUD with the coupon code and going by the current conversion rate, so its technically $10 AUD for the t-shirt I guess icon_wink.gif
the_spensa

$poons: 141.80
australia.gif

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
Jessara
admeister
Kyle Clarthy
OropherX wrote:
lol damn White Knight Chronicles 2 is exclusive to EB:
http://www.ebgames.com.au/ps3-153433-White-Knight-Chronicles-2-PlayStation-3

Also when you consider that WKC2 hasn't even got a release date in NTSC looks like we might have to buy it from EB, unless they are being dogs like when they announced to be the only retailer to stock Twilight Princess on the GC when other places like Gamestrader had stock it as well.

Speaking of WKC2, considering I haven't play the first game and WKC2 comes with the first game, do you guys reckon I should wait for WKC2 or buy WKC and eventually start playing that before WKC2 is released.

Also it seems that Half Minute Hero is getting a port onto the 360.

http://www.siliconera.com/2011/04/03/half-minute-hero-super-mega-neo-climax-details-leak-out/

Also I have to quote this

Quote:
"In some scenes, female characters wear thigh-exposing short-shorts or tops that expose deep cleavage—in 8-bit graphics."

OropherX

blank.gif

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

White Knight Chronicles 2 COMES with the first White Knight Chronicles (probably had a lot of free blu ray space to spare so they threw it on) so there's no reason to buy it separately now =P

Anyway I'm nearing the end of Ar Tonelico 1 now (I think?). Not looking forward to item crafting all these things again when I reload 10 hours back =( I'll probably resume Cross Edge as well since I know what the characters are like now. They didn't plan some of the dubbing properly. Karen doing the older Misha voice for younger flashback scenes? Sounded so off o_O

$poons: 982.80
australia.gif

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
the_spensa
OropherX
OropherX wrote:
White Knight Chronicles 2 COMES with the first White Knight Chronicles (probably had a lot of free blu ray space to spare so they threw it on) so there's no reason to buy it separately now =P

The only reason to buy WKC seperately at the moment would be if you want to have completed it before the second game comes out. That way, you could start playing WKC2 as soon as it's released. I'd say don't worry about it though, the first WKC (single player) was fairly short, so you could blast through it and then move straight on to WKC2. As the story continues on from the first game directly, that's actually a pretty good way to to play the series, I reckon.

"The first person to prove that cow's milk is drinkable was very, very thirsty." - Fact Sphere.
Trade $poons with user View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
OropherX

blank.gif

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
admeister
Kyle Clarthy
o_O the final boss of Ar Tonelico was such a joke (especially considering I started to run from every enemy in the tedious final dungeon). I just charged up Misha's cosmosphere completion tower attack threw it and almost instantly killed the boss in one hit. I was trying to stall the battle to reach harmomic level 4 for all the good item drops =(

I'll write up my thoughts on the game at some point in this thread. I'll try not to bug it too much anymore as I think I've given enough input for people on the fence whether to play through it or not =P

edit: ah ok apparently Ar Tonelico is pulling a Persona 3 on me and I can choose to end the game now and watch one of the endings or move to phase 3 =P That abrupt event before the credits started rolling didn't seem canon to the rest of the AT trilogy so I'll keep going.

At least I know why RPGamer put the completion time: 35-70 hours now.

$poons: 429.60
australia.gif

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
The WKC 1 that comes with 2 also is meant to have a revised (more enjoyable, faster) battle system. I would wait though that's just me.
Cyph

australia.gif

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
So, if I pick up a PSP, what games should I be looking at getting?
chibiandy

$poons: 230.80
cambodia.gif

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
Esperino
Trails of the Sky! icon_razz.gif
On that note, I've finally ordered it, now to wait for it to arrive icon_razz.gif

australia.gif

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
Any other older titles?
dloiscute

$poons: 1627.40
australia.gif

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
Cyph
Cyph wrote:
Any other older titles?

There are really a lot to suit individiual needs if your looking for RPGs...

Like if you prefer strategy- Jeanne d'Arc, Tatics Ogre, FF Tactics, Disgaea etc. Or traditional based- Star Ocean, Tales of the World, Persona 3 etc etc. So many great games. Needs portable Yakuza though!!

But my pick for best PSP games are-
* Crisis Core!!
* Tekken 6 and 5DR ^__^
* MGS Portable Ops and Peace Walker (if your into them)

☑Tekken
chibiandy

$poons: 230.80
cambodia.gif

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
the_spensa
admeister
You also can't go wrong with Half-Minute Hero icon_razz.gif
This forum is locked you cannot post, reply to or edit topics   This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    PAL Gaming Network Forum Index
   -> General Forums, Archive