Home
Twitter
RSS
Newsletter
Disaster Report series discontinued
This forum is locked you cannot post, reply to or edit topicsThis topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies PAL Gaming Network Forum Index
-> General Forums, Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic
Jarrod

$poons: 369.60
australia.gif

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:33 am Post subject: Disaster Report series discontinued Reply with quote

Disaster Report series discontinued by Jarrod
PALGN News: No more reporting.
[View Article]

Trade $poons with user View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
skrob73

$poons: 8.80
newzealand.gif

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:55 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
Bev
See if I lived in Libya right now I'd like all war games ceased until the foreseeable future.

$poons: 1567.30
australia.gif

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:03 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
Gamesta
Benza
Bev
skrob73 wrote:
See if I lived in Libya right now I'd like all war games ceased until the foreseeable future.

If I lived in Libya right now, I'd be more concerned with keeping my skin intact and stabilising the country.

Steam:grim_one | PSN/Live:najakh | Flickr
Trade $poons with user View users profile Send private message
Cyph

$poons: 716.80
australia.gif

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:05 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
So this is happening because of the series of disasters in Japan? What about murders; should we ban and remove all games with murders? Or rain; should we ban and remove Heavy Rain? I don't understand the purpose of such a drastic action.
Bev
PALGN Writer

PALGN Writer

$poons: 281.00
blank.gif

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:10 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
Welp, with this in mind, I guess that means we can kiss a Disaster: Day of Crisis sequel goodbye...

---

"I am here for Mr. Stewart's lunch.
If it is ready, I'd thank you... a bunch."
Trade $poons with user View users profile Send private message Visit posters website MSN Messenger
Jarrod

$poons: 369.60
australia.gif

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:10 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
Nobody is banning anything. This was a decision made by the publisher, not the government.

Trade $poons with user View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
Benza

$poons: 119.20

blank.gif

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:24 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
Cyph wrote:
So this is happening because of the series of disasters in Japan? What about murders; should we ban and remove all games with murders? Or rain; should we ban and remove Heavy Rain? I don't understand the purpose of such a drastic action.

Drastic Action?
A Japanese company is making a series of games based on natural disasters with it's prime market being japan.

Then a natural disaster occurs in japan killing thousands and you find the fact that they decided "Shit... I don't want to do this anymore" is drastic action?

Seems... kinda reasonable to me. Especially considering that there are probably people working for the company that know people that have been killed etc.

$poons: 716.80
australia.gif

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:43 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
Banning wasn't the best word, I was rushing that post due to work.

Regardless, yes, I think it is drastic. It is one thing to say "we have had a bad series of disasters lately, maybe we shouldn't release/work on this game right now" compared to "we will immediately cease making disaster games and stop distribution of existing titles".
Kaiden

$poons: 18.40
australia.gif

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:18 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
Cyph wrote:
"we have had a bad series of disasters lately, maybe we shouldn't release/work on this game right now" compared to "we will immediately cease making disaster games and stop distribution of existing titles"

there's no point working on something that won't make profit so it's quite sensible to cut their losses and move onto something new.

besides, japan having a string of disasters so closely together (earthquake, tsunami, nuclear plant, volcano eruption) its not likely the japanese will forget/recover from it soon and so there could be fears of public backlash.
RWS
El Chupanebre

PALGN Design

$poons: 18.80
australia.gif

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:32 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
I don't actually see this as being "we have to discontinue this series because it makes us look bad to the public"

To me, this news says to me that it is an internal issue. Perhaps staff have been personally affected by the disaster in Japan, and as a sign of respect to their staff they decided to discontinue the series as well as stop production and distribution of the games.

Because like that game that was about the 9/11 attack, years ago, being banned, keeping this game on the company's IP list is really tactless
This forum is locked you cannot post, reply to or edit topicsThis topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies PAL Gaming Network Forum Index
-> General Forums, Archive