Home
Twitter
RSS
Newsletter
Binge & Purge: Pounding the Mainstream
This forum is locked you cannot post, reply to or edit topicsThis topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies PAL Gaming Network Forum Index
-> General Forums, Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic
Noogle

$poons: 0.00

southafrica.gif

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 8:24 pm Post subject: Binge & Purge: Pounding the Mainstream Reply with quote

Binge & Purge: Pounding the Mainstream by James
PALGN Feature: A game! Featuring plastic Kongas! Featuring a Monkey (ape)! Featuring frantic friends and family pounding the silly toy in your living room! Mainstream gaming nirvana! But we’ve been here before, so I’ll be at the bar.
[View Article]

Trade $poons with user View users profile Send private message
ObsoletE

$poons: 34.20
australia.gif

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 12:45 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
was the eye-toy really that popular?

i don't think i'll ever understand why... bit like those dancing games... (or, like the whole point of the article, any of the random peripherals...)

i'll stick to light guns and steering wheels i think...

My Play-Asia Affiliate Link.

Last edited by ObsoletE on Tue Oct 19, 2004 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total
Trade $poons with user View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website
Gtpod

$poons: 641.30
japan.gif

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 12:47 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
I didn't think it was.. Complete waste of production time IMO.

Another great article. icon_biggrin.gif

Pilkipedia - The World's Largest Encyclopaedia of Karl Pilkington
Trade $poons with user View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address MSN Messenger
armageddon12

$poons: 23.00

uk.gif

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 8:35 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
Uh the bongo drums have at least one other series; Donkey Kong Jungle Beat - a platformer using the peripheral to run, jump, sections where you punch lumps out of an enemy by bashing on the drums.

Alright article, but didn't seem to have a very clear focus.
Trade $poons with user View users profile Send private message MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 4:18 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
Quote:
Since its introduction, how many EyeToy games have you seen released? I count two from Sony and that bit in the new Harry Potter game. I might have missed a few and there is one or two in development, but that’s a frighteningly poor response for a toy that ‘reached markets no-one else could’.

Really? I saw a fair few more than "one or two". By December, we'll have:

-U Move Super Sports
-Sega Superstars
-Eyetoy Play 2
-Spongebob Movin' With Friends
-Disney Move

Three of those games are big licensed titles, one is another first party title. I believe the PS2 version of The Polar Express will also have an EyeToy game in it too. It certainly seems to be getting a fair bit of support to me.

Please do a bit more research before you start ranting.
James
EveryonePlays - Fix R18+ Ratings

PALGN Administrator

blank.gif

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 7:08 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
Anonymous wrote:
I saw a fair few more than "one or two". By December, we'll have:

-U Move Super Sports
-Sega Superstars
-Eyetoy Play 2
-Spongebob Movin' With Friends
-Disney Move

There's also Dancing Stage Fusion. However, none of those will be released until mid november. The fad is already dying out. I don't envisage a huge rush to these games, especially when there are some many other huge games coming out in november. These games needed to be out early or mid 2004, not this late in the year. If companies want to push the inovation, they need to back it up with several games in development. Once they find out is a success, it's too late to start making the games.

Anonymous wrote:
I believe the PS2 version of The Polar Express will also have an EyeToy game in it too.

I wouldn't have thought it would be very difficult for you to find out icon_wink.gif [imagine godlike voice saying "I know everything"]
Trade $poons with user View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website
Noogle

southafrica.gif

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 7:32 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
Anonymous wrote:
Really? I saw a fair few more than "one or two". By December, we'll have...

Okay, so I was out - instead of two we'll have... five? One is a sequel, two are obviously catering for the youth market. And if we want to compare classroom scribbles here, you forgot to mention EyeToy: Antigrav.

I have my notes and my point stands. Besides, by December? How old is the EyeToy? If the peripheral is so damn important because it WOOs the mainstream market, then why are there only six titles TO BE RELEASED well over a year after the EyeToy was released? And such crappy options at that?

No, sorry, I don't need to do more research here. Confusing two games with six is hardly a difference, especially concerning a unit that has such a bad software release record (which I still count at two-and-a-bit).
Trade $poons with user View users profile Send private message
This forum is locked you cannot post, reply to or edit topicsThis topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies PAL Gaming Network Forum Index
-> General Forums, Archive