Home
Twitter
RSS
Newsletter
What should I do with my life?
Goto page Previous 1, 2, 3
This forum is locked you cannot post, reply to or edit topicsThis topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies PAL Gaming Network Forum Index
-> General Forums, Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic
3mt

$poons: 327.90
hong_kong.gif

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:48 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
I would recommend doing a bit of community service, as suggested by unlachs. It will boost your creditentials. For example, volunteer as a librarian or something. And go into some martial arts competition to gain a few achievements, and it would show that you're into a diverse range of activities.
I've tried doing a bit of community service, like getting a first aid license and doing a bit of retirement village work. I've also heard that the Duke of Edinburgh award is a very valuable thing to get (not sure if it only runs in NSW).

Trade $poons with user View users profile Send private message
Aftershock

$poons: 617.40
blank.gif

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:59 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
Kikujir0 wrote:
Wow chill, I didn't want to cause any rumble. All I meant was I have some other oppurtunities and other areas I may be suited for. Geez.

EDIT: I think either you or I have missed the point, apologies if it is me, but if you thought I was insulting your opinion of what you wanted to do, I wasn't. Rather I was giving the profession praise, something I'd like to do but I feel I can do other things as well. Ya know? kay.

Right, well, I read your post as "I did well in school, and i don't want to waste that on a dumbass job like the air force, so i'll do something else".
I'm very close with a pilot, and i plan on that myself, so you can see where i'm coming from here.

Last edited by Aftershock on Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total
Trade $poons with user View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website MSN Messenger
lapzod

$poons: 555.70
australia.gif

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:20 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
Dane Oss wrote:
Thats what I have planned for the long run (Opening up a school or teaching at one run by someone else) but It just takes so much time to get to that level.

I could teach kids and women a bull **** karate system for 50k a year but my consicence couldn't handle it as I'm teaching them bull ****.

Why not do some business management course at a TAFE just to get some grounding for it when the time comes?
kaerlis

$poons: 324.00

blank.gif

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:01 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
3mt
CFA/other state fire-fighting volunteer organisation is very, very good on a resume. popular "here is a good guy" note for employers, and even slightly better treatment from police because they respect you. Great for filling both hobby and teamwork sections of job interviews/questions/applications. Good for networking. I got my first temporary casual work off a guy in the brigade who was HR manager for a local tractor parts company as well, and one of them is the local bunnings manager.

Also: Fire is fun. exciting, anyway. It's a good buzz when you get to do stuff, i just joined about twenty trucks on a fire in Woodend /past gisbourne today, and it went well and was pretty sweet. Flashing red and blue lights at night are like nightvision designed by a disco junky, beautiful.

A lot of the outer Melbourne suburbs are volunteer brigades in Victoria, and in the country if it's hard to join your town's brigade there are often other smaller nearby locality brigades that need people. can be nice and relaxed too, I'm in Coimadai brigade.

$poons: 114.90
australia.gif

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:55 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
Aftershock
(Jim)
Quote:

Right, well, I read your post as "I did well in school, and i don't want to waste that on a dumbass job like the air force, so i'll do something else".
I'm very close with a pilot, and i plan on that myself, so you can see where i'm coming from here.

Whoa yeah man, all I meant was I'd love to be an airforce pilot, but there are so many other things I could potentially do as well with my results I'll get you know. It's more of an overwhelming feeling rather than I wouldn't want to waste my life on a job like that.

I assure you, If I meet anyone who is a pilot, moreso an Airforce Pilot, I would hold them with the utmost admiration and probably wanna be their new best friend. icon_lol.gif

PC Gamer Pewpew

Last edited by Kikujir0 on Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total
Trade $poons with user View users profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
(Jim)

$poons: 41.20

blank.gif

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:26 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
Buttmouth
Can people please not multi-quote 5 different posts from a conversation, filling the page with redundant text. A simple quote of the most recent message is more than enough - better still is just saying the person's name and then responding. Cheers icon_smile.gif

Edit: When I posted this comment Aftershock and Kikujir0's most recent posts had such multi quotes, which they have now graciously edited icon_smile.gif.

Last edited by (Jim) on Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:05 pm, edited 2 times in total
MazzarX

$poons: 50.00
australia.gif

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:29 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
kaerlis
Joseph wrote:
Volunteer for your local council. I'm doing that now actually, you meet a lot of interesting people and give something back to the community. You also gain practical experiance and contacts.

Like GTA??
This forum is locked you cannot post, reply to or edit topicsThis topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies PAL Gaming Network Forum Index
-> General Forums, Archive