Home
Twitter
RSS
Newsletter
Stranglehold (XBOX 360)
This forum is locked you cannot post, reply to or edit topicsThis topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies PAL Gaming Network Forum Index
-> General Forums, Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic
poweroffarts

$poons: 14.00

uk.gif

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:25 pm Post subject: Stranglehold (XBOX 360) Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
B3NBO
Intro:

Stranglehold is a based on John Woo's collection of action-based movie, Hardboiled. The game recruits back John Woo, Chow Yung Fat and some other guys who I dont care about.

The game begins when a HK cop gets killed by local crime syndicate. The only person willing to do anything is Officer Tequilla to stop some sorta gang war happening. The game then sets off into a stereotypical action movie, with cheesey lines and people who defy the medical research and laws of physics.

Graphics:

6/10

The graphics are mixed bag. Well the some odd blurry texture and blocky animation of some character make it look like an Xbox1 game. But a lot of areas they're amazing, the amount detail in some areas looks really good. The amount of detail to destruction is pretty much unparellel to any game I've seen. The game is seems to push a lot of effects like pixel effects on bullets flying, the facial animation of Tequila is pretty good often clenching his teeth in pain and so on. But overall they're good but poor animation from bad guys, blurry texture and poor shaping of characters.

Sound:

8/10

The sound effects are amazing. you can clearly hear each bullet, and explosion going past. The amount of details like a breaking of pillar can be heard properly. The amount of soundphilia makes the game very imersive (sp) experience. The voice acting is good, Chow Yun Fat sounds nice, the enimies are repetitive in some place but not too bad. The music score is pretty good, goes well with the theme. Well basically, its impressive.

Gameplay:

9/10

While jumping and shooting enimies, the game feels entirely unique and varied. The amount of options you have enivorment interaction is done nicely, you can make building explode or glide on teradytacle (sp). The game itself feels very dynamic in gameplay. You can also do unique thing like distract(sp) enimies by shooting on wall or taking cover and shooting in opposite direction and nailing them. Boss battles are similiar to MGS, where you have empty their health. The bosses battles have unique stratergy but you always have option of using own methods. But bosses can be very linear. The achievement points are pretty nicely done, and very creative too. The achievement is very similar to Dead Rising.

Replay:

6/10

There's online mode, I havent tried it that. Going for achievement points might work for people, or more diffculty setting. But the game is pretty short. 6 hours. For me personally I've played it good 3 times, because I like it. The experience doesnt die down quickly, but isnt has thrilling as the first time though. Its not game that last long, but might be odd thing for someone to play depending on the occasion.

Worth it?

Yup, I think so, at least a rental for most people. Pretty unique experience, one of fun and enjoyable game for awhile. Its made by John Woo, what else do you need.
Banned User

Banned User

$poons: 0.00

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 9:18 am Post subject: Stranglehold is AWESOME Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
I Borrowed it from a video shop, and i brought it the next day, its that damn good! icon_smile.gif
Trade $poons with user View users profile Send private message
stevo1010

$poons: 0.20

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 5:17 pm Post subject: one must have!!! Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
if i got an xbox360 the first game i'll get is this game
MazzarX

$poons: 50.00
australia.gif

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 12:38 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
Gtpod
Nice WEVIEW
This forum is locked you cannot post, reply to or edit topicsThis topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies PAL Gaming Network Forum Index
-> General Forums, Archive