Home
Twitter
RSS
Newsletter
The Simpsons Game Review
This forum is locked you cannot post, reply to or edit topicsThis topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies PAL Gaming Network Forum Index
-> General Forums, Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic
Luke

$poons: 0.00
australia.gif

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 11:39 pm Post subject: The Simpsons Game Review Reply with quote

The Simpsons Game Review by Luke
PALGN Review: Best Simpsons game ever?
[View Article]

Trade $poons with user View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website
diogenes92

$poons: 35.80

australia.gif

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 12:00 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
I'll be getting this on PS3, played the demo and loved it, it was so fun lol, Homer has the most fun powers lol
Trade $poons with user View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
Mark

$poons: 17.20
australia.gif

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 12:41 am Post subject: Reply with quote

The Simpsons Arcade game and Krusty's Fun House were the only Simpsons games that I can ever recall being actually fun.

Can't believe the amount of hype this game was getting though. It looked like absolute arse from the first time it was shown. Glad it's getting panned.

Trade $poons with user View users profile Send private message Send email
Sin Ogaris

$poons: 1588.60
australia.gif

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 1:00 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
I liked Bart vs. the Space Mutants, that game rocked. And Bart In Time or whatever it was called on the SNES.
Trade $poons with user View users profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
ObsoletE

$poons: 34.20
australia.gif

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 1:08 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
still undecided about getting this. it might be a good distracting game i guess.

and i've still got that prize store-credit to use, so it's not as if it's costing me anything.

My Play-Asia Affiliate Link.
Trade $poons with user View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website
Luke

$poons: 0.00
australia.gif

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 1:11 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
DancesInUnderwear
ObsoletE
Obs do you like The Simpsons? I'm a huge fan and you know it hurt me to give it 6.5 but it is a guilty pleasure, if you're a Simpsons fan you should have no hesitation in picking it up though, just the references will make it worthwhile.
ObsoletE

$poons: 34.20
australia.gif

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 1:40 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
Luke wrote:
Obs do you like The Simpsons? I'm a huge fan and you know it hurt me to give it 6.5 but it is a guilty pleasure, if you're a Simpsons fan you should have no hesitation in picking it up though, just the references will make it worthwhile.

that's really what i want to hear.

it's strange, but i guess i'd almost made my mind to get this, and even through the average reviews (PALGN's is the lowest numerical score i've seen for it, though the write-up is pretty much the same as everywhere else i've read), i've sort of been justifying to myself reasons to get it.

but ultimately i've been wanting to know more how it plays to a Simpsons fan as opposed to a hardcore gamer. i mean, i can look past the deficiencies of the Buffy The Vampire Slayer game simply because i'm a huge Buffy fan, so some technical issues with a Simpsons game will be forgiveable if the game plays to the Simpsons fans.

My Play-Asia Affiliate Link.
Karai Pantsu
PALGN Moderator

PALGN Moderator

$poons: 29.06
blank.gif

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 9:45 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
Jim Dash
I'm thinking that I'll wait until the price has dropped to the $60 mark or so, and then give this a shot. The gameplay seems like it'll be stale at best, but like Obs I'm keen on the funnies more than anything.

Oh, and Krusty's Fun House was the simultaneously the best and most infuriating Simpsons game ever. Word.

$poons: 0.20
australia.gif

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 9:51 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
If anyone feels like importing, the US$49 price point on Play Asia for the PS3 version is pretty attractive. I'd say it's just the right price for this game, in fact.

Disclaimer: I don't work for Play Asia, just letting you guys know of that. May contain traces of nuts.

$poons: 281.80
australia.gif

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:14 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
The gameplay is real frustrating because the controls aren't really the best. The targeting sux and manipulating your projectile weapons is pointless unless you use the targeting which like I said sux. Also you get all these powers throughout a level but you can only use them in strict locations. e.g. corner of a building will have a helium canister and when you use it you fly to the top of the building....I mean they might aswell have put a ladder there instead....it's just silly pointless crap for the sake of getting off a couple of gags and to advertise EA crap. I can see how Simpsons fans would enjoy it but honestly after such a long string of crap games and the budget EA have I was expecting a lot, lot more....I don't know why....EA have always made crap games and i've always known this so I don't know why I expected this to be any different.

2 player co-op mode sux aswell, infact it's easier to play 1 player and swap characters when you need to, cuz completing missions co-operatively is not something you can just do....you have to plan every step meticulously and that doesn't really make it much fun.

The graphics are nice and the references are there.....I was just expecting a good game to go along with it.

Wii Friend Code: ugh - 0264 5224 8589 9060
Ps3 Id: ugh_the_boot
Trade $poons with user View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
admeister

$poons: 982.80
australia.gif

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 12:01 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
Mof wrote:
If anyone feels like importing, the US$49 price point on Play Asia for the PS3 version is pretty attractive. I'd say it's just the right price for this game, in fact.

Only for the Asian version though, which may or may not have an English language option (probably not in the case of this game). The U.S version is $64.90.

Like diogenes I enjoyed the demo on PS3, so I'd like to pick this up at some point since I'm a big Simpsons fan. The visual style/graphics are what originally attracted me to this game since I was surprised at the authenticity of them, and the gameplay seems decent after playing the demo.

"The first person to prove that cow's milk is drinkable was very, very thirsty." - Fact Sphere.
Mr Waffle

$poons: 32.80

australia.gif

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 1:15 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
admeister wrote:
Only for the Asian version though, which may or may not have an English language option (probably not in the case of this game).

For the PS3, Yesasia have it for ~AUS$55, and say it's in English.

As a side note, the American Xbox 360 version is region locked...
Trade $poons with user View users profile Send private message
Capoeira

$poons: 709.80
australia.gif

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 3:14 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
Mark wrote:
The Simpsons Arcade game and Krusty's Fun House were the only Simpsons games that I can ever recall being actually fun.

Krusty's Super Fun House! That takes me back. That was my first ever SNES game! I was way too young to make any sense of it's puzzles at the time so I usually ended up watching my older sister play it. Wow, that feels like a lifetime ago.

I still want to give this game a go if only for the humour. It was the only real redeeming feature from that mediocre demo.

And Sin, if you mean Bart's Nightmare then yeah, that was ace.

Say You Want A Revolution
Trade $poons with user View users profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Jaws

$poons: 536.90
australia.gif

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 3:49 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
I also remember the Itchy & Scratchy game on SNES to be quite fun. Memories mixed with youth can be deceiving cocktail though..
Trade $poons with user View users profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Maikii

$poons: 0.30

blank.gif

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 11:56 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
I agree with this review score - but the game will sell. The demo level was so irrating, at first everything is funny, but it just goes on and on - and trying to get behind the big donut boy a hit the target is painful enough once, but 3 times ???
Trade $poons with user View users profile Send private message
This forum is locked you cannot post, reply to or edit topicsThis topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies PAL Gaming Network Forum Index
-> General Forums, Archive