Home
Twitter
RSS
Newsletter
Lost Planet: Extreme Condition Review
This forum is locked you cannot post, reply to or edit topicsThis topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies PAL Gaming Network Forum Index
-> General Forums, Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic
Jeremy

$poons: 47.40
blank.gif

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 11:03 am Post subject: Lost Planet: Extreme Condition Review Reply with quote

Lost Planet: Extreme Condition Review by Jeremy
360 Review: Extremely conditioned. Extremely intense.
[View Article]

Trade $poons with user View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website MSN Messenger
ugh the boot

$poons: 281.80
australia.gif

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 11:40 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
Yeah i've been waiting ages for this, gamebrink and ign had some great reviews of it. Now to read...

Thanks doods!

Anywayz i've read now....it's a bummer the single player is so short....it's really the only reason I buy games. Regadless i'll be buying this, it's funny with capcom games....they always seem to bring out games where the features really seem to appeal to me. It's like with Resident Evil....I used to call it 'The 3 G's - Girls, Guns and Gore"....they basically kept this formula all the way upto part 4 but in the Ps2 port they had Ada as a playable character so in a way they have lived up to the 3 G's. It's like they put together a formula where they know the basic content of the game will attract gamers who are into action games. I think a large focus of it would be the fact that they always make sure the graphics in their games are always of the highest quality/unique in some way (my fave technical aspect) and they always seem to pay lots of attention to the bosses (my fave gameplay aspect).

It sucks that Capcom have jumped on the multiplayer bandwagon as I could always count on their single player experiences....but it looks like they have sacrificed some of that for the multiplayer aspect which leaves me quite disappointed really but it's only gonna help their games sell better which inturn means more capcom games which makes me happy.

I honestly never thought I would play a videogame version of Starship Troopers....trust Capcom to deliver! Now all I need is for them to tackle some sort of underwater settings (what I really want is something like Maximo but with an underwater theme....maybe a dude like Piranha Man from Wonderboy III) or something heavily based on Greek Mythology (I doubt it since God of War).

Wii Friend Code: ugh - 0264 5224 8589 9060
Ps3 Id: ugh_the_boot
Trade $poons with user View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
LeonJ

$poons: 1868.80
australia.gif

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 12:52 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
Think this might be a EB buy and returner. I knew this game would end up a bit rubbish. When a game is delayed and reworked, you know something is up and not clicking.

The review was strikingly similar to IGNs numbers.

XBL - LeonJ
PSN - LeonJ

Trade $poons with user View users profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Matt Bassos

$poons: 110.20
blank.gif

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 2:14 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
Haha good review.. still think I will pick this up... haha PALGN got another mention at GAF for this review good times.
Trade $poons with user View users profile Send private message
ugh the boot

australia.gif

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 3:43 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
leonmc wrote:
Think this might be a EB buy and returner. I knew this game would end up a bit rubbish. When a game is delayed and reworked, you know something is up and not clicking.

You do realise this game was supposed to be released in late 2007/early 2008? I think you're maybe consufing this with Zelda or something? icon_confused.gif And the review actually says it's good...I don't know where you got 'rubbish' from? Ah well each to their own....I know i'll be having an absolute blast!

Trade $poons with user View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
Jim Dash

$poons: 451.60
blank.gif

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 4:07 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
Of course you will, you're a huge Capcom fan. I have no doubt that Lost Planet is good - the reviews say it alone, but my problem is that I'm generally crap at Capcom games, Dead Rising being an example.
LeonJ

australia.gif

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 4:25 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
ugh the boot wrote:
leonmc wrote:

You do realise this game was supposed to be released in late 2007/early 2008? I think you're maybe consufing this with Zelda or something? icon_confused.gif And the review actually says it's good...I don't know where you got 'rubbish' from? Ah well each to their own....I know i'll be having an absolute blast!

Pretty sure it was delayed, they went back and quoted "adding multiplayer". Yeah, I was super excited for this game (when first getting my 360) but over time it has died, mainly because other games with great quality have come out. I will no doubt play this and give it a go, but it's certainly not a run to the shops and buy it game for me anymore.

XBL - LeonJ
PSN - LeonJ

slapshakle

$poons: 398.50
australia.gif

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 4:26 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
ugh the boot wrote:
leonmc wrote:

I was thinking the same thing, didn't Dead Rising also score an 8.0 here ? If I remember correctly that game was awesome......

PlayAsia Affiliate
Trade $poons with user View users profile Send private message Visit posters website MSN Messenger
Spanca
PALGN Moderator

PALGN Moderator

$poons: 106.00
blank.gif

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 4:31 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
Jim Dash wrote:
my problem is that I'm generally crap at Capcom games, Dead Rising being an example.

Me too icon_sad.gif (apart from RE4)

australia.gif

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 4:32 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
That's one of the things I like about their games but Dead Rising got me so frustrated (stupid survivor AI) I can't remember being that angry ever at a video game (only because I was enjoying it so much and that stupid AI was a huge contrast and stuff like that sh!ts me hard).....but I see this 'bouncing around from explosions' thing being a real problem for me. I get frustrated really badly when cheap crap like that happens.....as long as it's not a game breaker i'll be alright....hehe.....but expect a rant from me shortly after getting it about getting knocked around from explosions.....it's inevitable! Yea i agree....Capcom games can be unfairly cheap/overly difficult at times.

I honestly don't know which looks better....Gears of War or Lost Planet.....the Akrid monsters (especially the bigger ones) imo sh!t all over the corpser in GOW....just seeing that huge one that comes out of the snow all animated had my jaw on the floor more than anything I experienced in GOW. No doubt GOW has better graphics....but I really think there are gonna be way more 'WOW" moments in Lost Planet for me (love 'dem huge creatures). Also I can't go past capcom art direction. Also I noticed the particle effects in Lost Planet are easily the best i've seen.....just shoot heaps of different surfaces with different calibur guns to see what I mean.

Last edited by ugh the boot on Mon Jan 08, 2007 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total
Jim Dash

$poons: 451.60
blank.gif

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 4:35 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
Yeah I can see that rant coming too! icon_wink.gif But like you said, I can definately see you loving Lost Planet.

Spancs, RE4 is a much better example for me actually - I turned it off after about an hour and a half. I saved minimal survivors in Dead Rising - I didn't even manage to kill the Cons in that 4WD outside.

Capcom has always been a struggle for me for some reason. I'll give this a hire and see how I go.
slapshakle

$poons: 398.50
australia.gif

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 4:38 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
Spanca wrote:
Jim Dash wrote:
my problem is that I'm generally crap at Capcom games, Dead Rising being an example.

Me too icon_sad.gif (apart from RE4)

Man, I wish I didn't suck so bad at RE4, I still have never got past the mine cart section with the bag head chainsaw dudes.

Dead Rising was hard but not too hard. I dont mind hard games just as long as they're not 'f**k-this-game-is-too-f**king-hard' hard icon_razz.gif Lost Planet better not be like that or I'll cry.

PlayAsia Affiliate
Trade $poons with user View users profile Send private message Visit posters website MSN Messenger
ugh the boot

australia.gif

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 4:43 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
The thing is with so many of their games I manage to get through areas/bosses on my first go but with like the minimum of ammo and the minimum of health left....and you know very well that when you're low on supplies you get real g'd up...and in their games i'll just barely scrape through....so it just seems to me like their balancing is so perfect....i'm scared yet pumped all at the same time (it's quite a rush)....but I don't know if it's the balancing or just my play style/preference....but their games really sit well with my skill level.

I've paid for the whole game via pre-order now (LE edition).

LeonJ

australia.gif

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 5:44 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
slapshakle wrote:
ugh the boot wrote:
leonmc wrote:

I was thinking the same thing, didn't Dead Rising also score an 8.0 here ? If I remember correctly that game was awesome......

Actually your dead right. I would have given DR 9 easily, as it was in my top 5 games of the year.

XBL - LeonJ
PSN - LeonJ

Spanca
PALGN Moderator

PALGN Moderator

$poons: 106.00
blank.gif

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 6:08 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
Jim Dash wrote:
I saved minimal survivors in Dead Rising - I didn't even manage to kill the Cons in that 4WD outside.

I saved 7 out of the 50 or 100 that there are icon_neutral.gif

And for the cons, I shot them with the sniper rifle from the other side of the park, where they couldn't get me icon_razz.gif

As for RE4, you guys are soft! It had some tough moments, but it wasn't that hard!
PALGN Moderator

PALGN Moderator

$poons: 1275.00
australia.gif

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 7:16 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
ugh the boot wrote:
leonmc wrote:

There you go again. No, he's not confusing this with Zelda. I think he meant "buy and returner" because of the short single player which could definitely be done easily in under a week (Zelda not so much, unless you have too much time on your hands).

I've played the demo of this one, it was pretty damn hard but showed a lot of promise. Will look into this one when I get my 360.

$poons: 0.00

blank.gif

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 11:19 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
Quote:
We still would have liked a dodge or roll button though.

There is one, just press the left thumbstick in and A button.

Any way I played it till Mission 5, the bosses get challenging especially when I hate using VS. I didnt find it hard on normal so far, it was kinda easy only occasionally bosses fights you're challenged several times.

$poons: 136.00
australia.gif

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 3:05 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
Great review as always, the fact that I won't be getting this game upon release just hit hard after reading this review. But then that's my fault for not budgeting too well lately. icon_neutral.gif

Raptured Reality
ugh the boot

australia.gif

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 9:25 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Score:

Vote:
theory wrote:
There you go again. No, he's not confusing this with Zelda. I think he meant "buy and returner" because of the short single player which could definitely be done easily in under a week (Zelda not so much, unless you have too much time on your hands).

I've played the demo of this one, it was pretty damn hard but showed a lot of promise. Will look into this one when I get my 360.

Well if you'd read his whole post you'd see he mentioned that the game had delays (like Zelda) when infact it didn't. So it's got nothing to do with 'buying and returning' or the short single player campaign.

From a preview article on IGN:

Quote:
Capcom has yet to reveal a precise release date, though the Japanese publisher admitted it's aiming for early 2007 time frame.

Link:
http://au.xbox360.ign.com/articles/703/703256p1.html

This forum is locked you cannot post, reply to or edit topicsThis topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies PAL Gaming Network Forum Index
-> General Forums, Archive