Final Fantasy fans waiting for another chance to beat up their favourite characters don't have much longer to wait, as Square Enix today announced its Australian release plans for its latest game; the name that rolls right off the tongue, Dissidia 012[duodecim] Final Fantasy for PSP.
The new Dissidia will be released on 24 March 2011 in Australia and 25 March 2011 in New Zealand in two editions. In addition to the standard retail release, there will also be a special Legacy Edition, that contains the following:
- A copy of Dissidia 012[duodecim] Final Fantasy
- Exclusive downloadable costumes for Tifa and Squall
- Six Deluxe Character Lithograph Art Prints
- Exclusive white packaging with exclusive Legacy Edition sleeve artwork
- A voucher to claim a 50% discount off the purchase of the original Final Fantasy from the PlayStation Store.
Square Enix also announced that a character tournament will be taking place, starting today and continuing for eight weeks. Fans can vote on which characters they want to win each of the rounds, and Square Enix will produce videos showing that battle and the chosen result on their official site and Facebook page. To check it out, head to Square Enix's website or Facebook.