According to CVG, Ubisoft has announced the minimum and recommended system requirements for its upcoming PC first-person shooter Far Cry 2.
"It has always been our intention to make Far Cry 2 as accessible to everyone as possible," said Dominic Guay, Lead Technical Director on the game. "We have worked continuously to optimize Far Cry 2 to achieve this goal."
The minimum system requirements are as follows:
- CPU: Pentium 4 3.2 Ghz, Pentium D 2.66 Ghz, AMD Athlon 64 3500+ or better.
- RAM: 1 GB
- Video card: NVidia 6800 or ATI X1650 or better (Shader Model 3 and 256 MB of graphic memory required).
- Media reader: DVD-ROM
- Hard drive space: ~ 12 Gig of HD space (TBD).
If you want to play Far Cry in all its glory, Ubisoft recommended you have the following configuration:
- CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo Family, AMD 64 X2 5200+, AMD Phenom or better.
- RAM: 2 GB
- Video card: NVidia 8600 GTS or better, ATI X1900 or better, and 512 MB of graphic memory.
- Sound: 5.1 sound card recommended.
The game supports these video cards:
- NVidia 6800, NVidia 7000 series, 8000 series, 9000 series, 200 series. 8800M and 8700M supported for laptops.
- ATI X1650 - 1950 series, HD2000 series, HD3000 series, HD4000 series.
Far Cry 2 is set to be released later this year on PC, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. If you can't wait to get your hands on the upcoming FPS, head over to our preview from earlier in the year.